Dinner

"Mother."

The face of Jungkook's mother brightened once she saw her son but the smile vanished quickly when her beady eyes fell on Lisa.

'This woman is here again! Always following my son around... What a pest!'

"Oh. You're here as well." She did not bother to conceal how she felt for the blonde woman.

Jungkook stole a glance at his fiancé, wondering how she would react towards his mother's hostility. He saw that her face mirrored his inscrutable expression... Interesting.

"Good evening," Lisa paused.

How should she address Jungkook's mother? Lisa refused to call this woman mother. The idea of having such a shallow, narrow-minded woman as her mother in law was nauseating.

She wanted to call her fiancé's mother "Mrs. Jeon" but the formality would definitely displease Grandfather Jeon and so she had finally decided on...

"Aunt Jeon." Lisa finished her greeting.

Jungkook's mother tilted her head up slightly. With her nose in the air, she cast Lisa a look of disdain.

In her head, she was wondering why this woman suddenly addressed her as 'Aunt' instead of her usual 'Mother in law'. Not that she was complaining. She hated it when Lisa called her 'Mother'. She did not deem the woman fit to be her daughter in law.

"What a pleasant surprise." Sarcasm was evident in the older woman's voice.

"Pleasant indeed." Lisa said with the same tone, the corner of her mouth tugged upwards ever so slightly into a smirk. She was not having it.

'How disrespectful!' Jungkook's mother was slowly becoming enraged.

Lisa noticed this and felt satisfied. The older woman was so easy to infuriate, having the same temper on her that the old Lisa used to have. If Jungkook's mother thought Lisa was going to tolerate being treated badly, she had another thing coming.

The blonde woman was not going to be kissing up to Jungkook's mother like she did in her previous life. She had no reason to anyway. She wasn't planning on marrying her son and becoming part of their family.

Jungkook's father entered the front door. He sensed the tension immediately and decided to de-escalate the situation.

Upon seeing Lisa, a small smile appeared on the newcomer's face. Lisa could tell it was fake. If Jungkook's mother didn't like her, it went the same for her husband. Jungkook's father though at least had the decency to act civil towards Lisa.

Like Jungkook, Jungkook's father had the upmost respect for Grandpa Jeon. He accepted all the old man's decisions without question. However, when it came to his son's bethrothal to Lisa, it was different. Like his wife, he thought that his son was out of Lisa's league. He could not come up with any reason as to why his father would choose a girl from a simple background to wed his outstanding grandson.

"Ms. Park," Jungkook's father said. "Did you come to keep my son company?"

"No, Uncle. I came because of grandfather. It's been nearly two weeks since my last visit. I was missing him." Lisa answered.

"Oh." The middle-aged man was surprised that it wasn't because of Jungkook. Then again, the girl could be lying. Lisa had always glued herself to his son, after all. "Why are you addressing me as Uncle? Come now, we'll soon be family. You can call me 'Father'." He let out a hearty laugh.

Lisa was taken aback by the sudden change in his attitude. Why was he acting so strange? She realized it must be because Grandpa Jeon was around. She wasn't wrong. She turned around to see Jungkook's grandfather descending the grand staircase.