Joker

Marriage wasn't something that Jungkook thought about even after reaching the age of twenty-eight. Since the age of twenty-two, when he took over his grandfather's company, his priority had always been work and his main goal had been to make Jeon Enterprises the number one company. Even after he had achieved said goal, he buried himself in work. After all, Jeon Enterprises may already be at the top, but it had to stay there. So, for nearly six years, all he did was work himself to the bone. He thought of nothing else.

Imagine his reaction when one day, he came home to find his grandfather talking with a woman who was then introduced to him as his fiancé. Fiancé... He suddenly found himself with a fiancé. He had his most competent men investigate the blonde but he was disappointed to learn that she was as ordinary as women came.

Jungkook was not at all interested in her. However, because he respected Grandpa Jeon, he did not question his grandfather's decision. Besides, even if he did get married, it would change nothing. His top priority would still be the company and this woman would not be added to his list of concerns.

He was not planning to interact with Lisa any more than he had to after they had gotten engaged but the woman could not take a hint. She would follow Jungkook around and cling onto him. This made the young CEO think of her as a nuisance.

However, recently, she did nothing of the sort. She seemed more... Tolerable. Because his grandfather had been actively coming up with schemes to get him to develop romantic feelings for Lisa, he and Lisa found themselves frequently in the presence of each other.

And this was when he had begun to notice how strange he was acting towards Lisa. He decided it was because the blonde was behaving incredibly odd. She used to be all over him, now she wanted the engagement off. What was that all about? What changed? He asked her at dinner a couple of days ago but she did not give him an honest answer.

Jungkook parked his Bugatti in front of Lisa's apartment. It was not every day that one would see such a beautiful car so naturally, people flocked around it. When Jungkook saw Lisa walking out of her apartment building, he rolled the window of his car down.

The residents of the area whispered to each other when a dashing man came into view. A ride THAT beautiful had an equally handsome man inside it! The young women gushed upon seeing the good-looking man, wondering who he was.

"Park Lalisa," Jungkook called, making Lalisa look up from her purse.

The women stared at Lisa with envy. How could such a badly dressed woman who was looking like a clown able to get herself acquainted with a striking man?

"You're here!" She exclaimed.

Jungkook took in the sight of Lisa in her bright pink hoodie and sweatpants, her thick make up and her uncombed locks... On her feet were a weird-looking pair of rainbow sneakers.

Dear god.

Just when he thought she was becoming more and more ladylike, she turns into this monster of colors.

"You're not coming with me looking like that." His expression remained stoic.

"What?!" Lisa exclaimed, scowling at him. "But I look amazing!"

The Bugatti lurched forward, signalling that Jungkook was driving away if she didn't make herself look passable.

"Wait! Don't leave! Give me five minutes!" Lisa yelled and ran back to her apartment.

'Damn it.' Lisa thought as she hurriedly changed into a ruffled white blouse and a teal trumpet skirt that stopped a couple of inches above her knees. She was half-running to the door as she put on her chunky heels.