Prank

Hi! Unfortunately, this is not a new chapter! :(

KIDDING! You've waited two weeks (I think?) for this. Mwahaha! Here's an update, as promised. Enjoy~ ❤

___

Jeon Jungkook, as usual, had been buried under a pile of paperwork since early this morning. Because it was the end of the month, he had been checking all the monthly reports of businesses under Jeon Enterprises— a very time-consuming task considering how many there were.

It wasn't until three in the afternoon that he finished half of what had to be done. Feeling tiredness overcome him, he thought he should finally take a much needed break.

The CEO was stretching his arms when his phone, which was placed faced down on his desk, started ringing. Jungkook flipped it over and heaved an annoyed sigh upon seeing his mother's name flashing on the screen.

Last night, he had received several text messages from her regarding their old neighbors, the Chous. Apparently, their youngest daughter, Chou Tzuyu was back from the US. Or was it Australia? He couldn't really remember. Well, he didn't really care enough to remember.

He didn't know why but people kept regarding Chou Tzuyu as his childhood friend. In actuality, he only viewed the girl as an acquaintance. Jungkook had an inkling that the 'childhood friend' thing had something to do with his mother and Mrs. Chou. Jeon Miran was good friends with Mrs. Chou and would take her son to the Chous' mansion whenever she visited, which was quite frequent. It was because of the two older women that Jungkook was forced to interact with the young miss of the Chou Family.  Since he was only a kid then, Jungkook had no choice but to put up with it. But not once had he ever regarded the spoiled little girl as a friend.

Now, fifteen years later, he was already twenty-eight and was one of the most powerful men in the country. Jeon Jungkook didn't have to put up with anything or anyone. Nobody would be able to force him to do anything, including his overbearing mother. And so, he immediately told Jeon Miran 'No.' when the older woman asked him to 'take Chou Tzuyu out for dinner between childhood friends.'

If it really was like that, Jungkook would have agreed because the Chous were a prominent family and were big in the construction business. However, because he knew his mother was trying to play matchmaker, he just kept ignoring Jeon Miran.

He knew his mother didn't like Lisa but how could she blatantly push him towards Chou Tzuyu?

As his mother, shouldn't she be the one to know that Jungkook was not the type of man who would look at other women when he already had a fiancé?

Almost instantly, the image of a beautiful woman with captivating brown eyes and bright orange hair entered Jungkook's mind, causing a smile to appear on his handsome face. As annoying as Lisa was, he learned she had plenty of good points.

She was beautiful and smart. Also, she conducted herself well in the presence of other people, carried herself in a dignified manner, and she was capable of making a difficult situation turn in her favor.

Jungkook leaned back in his chair after putting his phone on silent, his eyes fluttering close. Currently, he was feeling hungry. He wondered if Lisa would visit his office again today and bring food. It seemed he wasn't as opposed to the idea of her visiting him like he was long ago.

The moment he was about to fall asleep, there was a knock on the door which made Jungkook grunt irritably.

"Come in." He said, his eyes darted to the door which revealed his secretary. "What is it?"

Lee Kwangsoo had a complicated expression on his face. "Mr. Jeon, you have a visitor."

'A visitor?' Jungkook thought.