17. say the word

I watch Josh as he works the weight machine. His arm muscles flex at every thrust. His breathing is even but he occasionally winces as he pulls the handles forward. He's wearing red shorts with a black muscle tank top and black and white Adidas shoes. He looks so sexy. I didn't think it was possible to be more attractive to him but seeing how hot he looks working out has really raised the bar.

I'm in trouble.

It's Monday evening. He picked me up despite me telling him I could drive myself. The gym is very close to my apartment, about a five minute drive. I didn't even know it existed. I've always been too lazy for the gym which is why I've always admired the people that stick to it. Josh was telling me on the drive here that this gym is open 24 hours which is why it's very convenient to him. I told him that as much as I like spending time with him, there's no way I'm not going to join him in the gym in the middle of the night.

Josh sets the handles down and looks at me a bit out of breath. I smile. "What?" He asks, grinning.

"It's just not fair for you to look this good."

He chuckles, shaking his head. Then his eyes roam my body seductively. "I could say the same about you."

I look down sheepishly, suddenly forgetting what I have on. I actually didn't struggle to find something to wear for the gym. I don't step foot on the gym but I have countless leggings as if I did. I really love leggings. Today, I decided to put on white leggings with a matching sports bra and my black Nikes. Very basic, I know, but oh well, what are we going to do about it?

"Are we really that attractive or are we just conceited assholes?" I joke making Josh laugh out loud. I smile because I love making him laugh.

"You could be both attractive and a conceited asshole." He points out.

"It's not a good image, though." I laugh.

He stands up and he's suddenly a few inches away from me. I don't move though I know I should because we're not alone. There are not a lot of people tonight probably because it's past nine. I look up at him and allow my eyes to travel down his neck to his chest. He's sweaty which would normally be disgusting but not on Josh. Sweat looks good on Josh. He could be filming a Nike commercial right now. "Why are you making us wait till Saturday again?" I wonder.

He chuckles. "I'm very flattered right now."

I laugh then shake my head and take a step back. This fire between us is too much to handle with people around us. I'm sure there's no one I know here but I don't want to risk it. The gym is close to the station too so we could run into Josh's colleagues.

"Where are you going? It's your turn."

"I know." I groan then sit on the machine. Josh reduces the weight for me. "I might make an ugly face." I warn as I place my hands on the handles.

"That's pretty much impossible." He assures me making me smile.

I do a set of ten then rest. "You don't have to stay here." I tell Josh knowing I'm probably messing his routine up. "I won't get lost, I promise."

He grins. "Alright." Then he leans in and kisses my lips quickly. "Just so no one hits on you while I'm gone." He winks at me.

I blush, laughing, as I watch him walk away. Only Josh would get me to come to the gym and actually enjoy it. I found myself looking forward to this all day. The hours seemed to drag at work. I couldn't wait to get out because I knew I was going to see him.

I do a few more sets before I head to the stair master which is probably the only other machine I know how to work. Three minutes of stepping on the stairs and I'm already out of breath. It's pretty embarrassing. I decide I should take this serious. Josh looks so good and I want to look good for him. Maybe if I tighten my stomach, I can finally get that belly button piercing I've wanted since college.