Rescue

Theseus and Roo flooed right into Diagon Alley and didn't waste any time reporting back to Reginald about the clues they had found, including the girl that was now being administered to hospital due to her injuries. Adam had made sure that the terrified Camilla was treated and taken care of dutifully before he aparated back into the office just in time to listen to Theseus's report.

Reginald was inspecting the limb, turning it sideways and down, flipping it up and over his head as if it were a mere toy for his entertainment. "But why would he leave it purposefully?"

"To prove a point, maybe." Theseus tugged at his tie, a habit of his whenever he felt nervous, "But one thing's for sure; We have to talk to Camilla. She mentioned something about him trying to recruit an army."

Reginald's eyebrows shot up, "Of pureblood wizards, no doubt. Oh well," he let out a sigh before flipping the case file closed, "You go and get some rest. We'll talk to Camilla when she feels ready, which probably won't be until tomorrow morning."

They were dismissed soon after and Roo took this chance to drop by the Ministry's hospital wing. The young blonde beauty looked tiny and frail amidst the blanket covers, as if she was drowning in them. The nurses had informed her that she had fallen asleep soon after she had been given the sedatives, and as Roo walked up to her bed and gently grasped her hand, she noticed the numerous cuts and bruises that lined her paper-thin arms. Her blood boiled.

"She'll be okay."

Her eyes shot up. Theseus stood at the door, briefcase in hand and looking astonishingly handsome even with the ringed smudges under his eyes.

"I know." Roo looked back at Camilla's sleeping face, "Just-- her face when we found her." Roo bit down onto her lower lip, "I can't stop thinking about all the bad things he's done."

"He's going to keep doing bad things." Theseus strode over to the bed, coming to a rest beside her, "But we won't be able to stop him unless we know how to."

"I know."

"If you know, then go home and get some rest."

She looked up at him in annoyance and was about to retort something about him minding his own business because he looked just as dead as she was, when she noticed the slightest layer of concern in his gaze. She bit back her remark and nodded instead, squeezing Camilla's hand one more time, before quickly hurrying out of the room after her senior.

Roo barely managed to catch up to his long strides when he suddenly halted, causing the petite woman to bump straight into his back.

She rubbed her nose in pain when Theseus spoke, "What are you doing here?"

"Picking you up." an unfamiliar voice replied, and Roo took this chance to peek around her senior's tall frame only to be faced with a man who was slightly shorter and who bore the same crystal blue eyes. He had a lighter tint to his brown hair that looked way more dishevelled than Theseus's and was sporting a more wide-eyed, innocent expression when he gazed at her with open curiosity.

"Oh." the man blinked. His voice was soft and gentle, "Hello. I don't think we've meet."

Theseus let out an irritated sigh before he gestured towards Roo like she was a nuisance when he had been the one to follow her in the first place, "This is Roo. She's my--"

"--Secretary, that's right." the young man smiled shyly and she couldn't help but blush. He was adorable, almost like a puppy. He held out his hand, "I'm Newt Scamander, Theseus's brother."

"Oh." Newt? She had heard of this name before. She racked her brain for any cues, until Tina's voice resonated in her head. Roo's face lit up in recognition before she blurted out, "You're Tina's boyfriend." she then clamped a hand over her mouth, "I-I'm so sorry, sir. I didn't mean to be rude--"