Africa

The plan was discussed with Hawkes and the rest of the aurors before it was set in motion. Split up in teams of two, Roo was obviously paired with her senior on their assigned country: Africa. Meanwhile, Newt and Tina would be going to America because of Tina's contacts, while Adam and his associate Amery were moving towards Japan. They were all splitting up in hopes of targeting the other big continents while Hawkes would try and help locally underneath the Ministry's noses.

Going incognito meant to take the slow method of transportation. Roo, having grown up using the muggle ways with her grandparents, was more than comfortable. Theseus, however, didn't seem to like it so much. His face had grown pale at their final meeting, almost greenish in colour. Roo glanced at him worriedly in hopes that he wasn't going to be sick. This was probably the worst time to fall ill, and she unconsciously twitched her injured limb as a sort of reminder that she had to be careful herself.

"Be careful, will you?" She murmured to Adam on their way out, having tugged at his shirt sleeve for attention. Her eyes bore into his worriedly, searching for anything that could possibly give her the comfort she craved.

Adam chuckled before scooping her up in his arms, causing the girl to squeak in surprise, "I'll be fine. You look after yourself. No funny business, even if someone's in danger."

"I can't promise that." Her arms went around him to hold on tight. She breathed in his scent, minty and fresh with a tint of Adam. Felt the warmth of his body around hers, always making her feel safe. She was going to miss him, she realized. She was going to miss him a lot. She squeezed her eyes closed as she forced herself to impregnate this memory into her brain, forced herself to believe that things would actually turn out all right in the end.

"You'll be fine, okay?" He pulled her back, green orbs piercing right through hers, "Theseus is going to be with you. There's nothing to be afraid of."

She nodded. He pulled her into another hug again before he sighed in contentment.

It was still early morning when they boarded the boat heading towards their destination. It wss obvious that her senior's unease grew with every minute they spent aboard the shop. It was a weird concept to think that there was only going to be the two of them for this task, which somehow terrified her to death. She knew that Theseus was strong, knew his spells quite well and would be perfectly fine if they were in a sticky situation. But in her case, she didn't want to burden him with her weaknesses. She wasn't the strongest wizard, thay she knew, but she didn't want Theseus trying to protect her. that wasn't his job.

She found him looking out onto the wooden deck as England disappeared into the distance, swallowed up by the ocean waves. She came up to stand beside him and was graced with his concerned frown.

"What if we're too late?" He blurted out suddenly. His tone was serious, eyes hard and jaw clenched tight as if he would lose it if he didn't maintain his composure.

Roo had thought of the time it would take, especially considering that they were going to take the slow route. It would take weeks, maybe more to convince people to join them in this War. And by that time, Grindlewald might have already killed them all.

"Grindlewald won't atrack if he doesn't have Credence." She reassured with him even when her mind was telling her otherwise.

It took him a moment to digest the words. But he turned slowly towards her after some time, and his eyes seemed lighter somehow, his expression more relaxed, "you're right. He wouldn't do that when his biggest weapon is behind bars."

She was glad she managed to lift some of that weight off his shoulders. If there was a little bit of hope in this storm, she would use it to help hjm no matter what, because he'd been there when she broke down, when she had showed him her weaknesses and her tears.