Honestly

Credence's trial was to be held two days from now, which gave the aurors extra time to prepare their game plan. Tina and Newt took it upon themselves to analyze each member of the council that were going to attend the hearing in order to figure out which one they could potentially replace, while Theseus, Hawkes and Dumbledore formulated a plan on how they would sneak Credence out without anyone's knowledge. 

Adam, on the other hand, was responsible for checking out the blueprints of the Court Room to analyze each and every entryway possible. It was no secret that Court hearings were protected by numerous magic spells and supervised by Dementors swimming across the ceiling, but enough Polyjuice potion would be a simple solution to that issue. 

Roo had joined him in the library in favour of sticking by her senior's side. That, of course, did not go unnoticed by her dark-haired, green-eyed friend.

"Did you guys have a fight or something?" He suddenly asked out of the blue as Roo placed a pile of books onto the library table. She looked up with a frown, "What?" 

"I'm only saying this because you decided to come help me instead of acting all googly-eyed at Theseus." 

She whacked his arm with a book and caused him to shriek in pain, I am not acting googly-eyed." she hissed furiously before sitting herself down with a huff. 

"Someone's not happy," Adam whistled as he sat opposite the girl who was flipping pages so aggressively that he found it amusing, "Care to tell me what happened?"

"For your own entertainment so that you can crack more stupid jokes?"

"I was going to say because I want to be a good friend but I guess that works too." she was about to whack him once more when he raised his hands in surrender with barely restrained laughter, "Okay okay, no more jokes. I promise." 

Roo lowered her weapon of choice on the table with a loud thunk! She continued flipping the pages with barely restrained agression as she spoke, "Nothing happened. I'm just trying to keep my distance." 

Adam quirked a brow, "Why?"

"Because," Roo stated poignantly, "Theseus is obviously still grieving. As much as I'm aware of how close we are, I don't want him to think of Leta whenever he's with me. I don't want to be someone he can lean on just because I'm there, you know? I'm also not going to wreck havoc when War is about to break out. I'd rather he be ignorant of my feelings."

"Wait--so, you like him?" 

Ah, shit. Roo wanted to kick herself for having stated the fact so obviously. Her cheeks flamed with heat, bright red under the candle lights flickering across the walls as she forced her gaze to stare right into the book.
"I-I mean," she stuttered helplessly without making eye contact, "I do have some--affection for him. Yes." 

Adam made a sound that was a mixture between a gasp and a choked down yelp, but all too soon he'd slammed his fists onto the table top, leaning towards her with a face glowing with excitement, "Oh. My. God." he said dramatically, "You like him." 

Roo whipped her hand right across the back of his head and the man fell back groaning in his seat. "Don't be so bloody damn loud." she hissed as heads turned and people started whispering to each other. 

"Did you do anything? What happened in Cape Town? You guys didn't get down and dirty, did you?" Adam's flurry of questions were whizzing too quickly past his mouth for her to halt him. She could only wish for the floor to open up and swallow her whole, if only to get out of this sticky, awkward situation. Her stomach turned into tight knots that churned uncomfortably.