The Battle II

When Theseus managed to catch up to Newt after shoving off a few other Dead Ones out of the way, it was with dismay that he found his little brother on the Zouwu's back as it skirted around the dark wizard's figure in an attempt to land a few blows while evading the curses shooting out of Grindelwald's wand.

Theseus landed clumsily on one of the tiled roofs before regaining his balance. Adam landed beside him, cursing softly as he did so, before they headed towards Grindelwald.

"Stupefy!" Adam pointed his wand at the dark wizard, but found it harder to aim since the said individual was moving around so much.

A few other aurors jumped up and formed a circle around the pair. Coraline was included as she shot a spell of her own.

One of them grazed Grindelwald's arm, causing him to hiss. He waved his wand in the air like a flag and as if upon his call, a dozen of his followers suddenly apparated before the group.

"Jesus," Adam wolf-whistled, "how many more of these does he have?"

"A lot to spare, apparently." Theseus pursed his lips before blasting two over the building. He didn't even flinch.

The senior auror was feeling the tiredness seep through his bones the more he fought. His muscles were a screaming mess, his bones an aching mass that literally took all of his energy to displace, and even the healing spell he cast was slowly wearing off. A body suddenly slammed his into the ground and he hissed when pain jolted through his back. Rolling over and grappling with the sudden Dead One, he narrowly dodged its fingers aiming to claw out his eyes before yelling out "expelliarmus!" To blast the enemy back. He scrambled to his feet just in time to see another curse flying at him, and he deflected it with his wand, sending the follower flying with another spell. Suddenly, he was glad that he'd listened to all the tips and tricks of his past Spells classes. He would've otherwise probably been dead by now.

He turned to catch sight of the two Goldstein sisters in the distance, spells flying between their figures as they circled each other like stray cats fighting over territory. Queenie was saying something - yelling it out, probably- and though he couldn't make out Tina's expression, he guessed that she had her mask of stone set in place.

Les Champs Elysées looked more like dead smoke and broken buildings than anything else. It was as though France had transformed into unwanted, post-apovalyptic territory in less than a day, and seeing all the damage made Theseus's heart squeeze in sympathy for the countless innocents watching from afar. These were homes to families, these were important to people and Grindelwald was taking it all away, stripping them from where they belonged.

His nostrils flared. He hated it. Loathed it. And Grindelwald was going to pay for it.

A small thought flickered at the back of his mind then, familiar chocolate brown orbs, fair skin and a genuine eye smile that made his heart flop. Roo. He closed his eyes in a momentary prayer in hopes that wherever she was, she was taking care of herself.
Please stay alive. And come back to me.

Stay alive. Please.

The Zouwu's roar snapped his attention back to reality. Shit, he mentally cursed before dashing into Newt's direction. He saw blood first, trailing down the creatures back, before his eyes found Newt's body, unconscious at Grindelwald's feet.

"No!" He blasted a spell right at Grindelwald's feet so that it threw him away from Newt, before he dashed over to his younger sibling. He was still breathing. Thank god, he thought before checking for any other signs of damage. Blood was trickling down the side of his head and Theseus forced the bile down his throat as he cast a healing spell. He felt figures step in between him and the dark wizard and as he looked up, was met with Adam and Coraline's backs.