Allies

The arrival of the said Hogwarts Headmaster threw the French Ministry into another bound of chaos, but this one with a ray of hope. Zane's wizards were provided with enough headquarters to make them feel as comfortable as they could manage while the French Minister called up Dumbledore into his office before the British aurors even had the chance to see him.

Theseus was filled with the sense of partial relief when Zane strode over to greet him in a firm hug. The thought of allies sticking by his promise brought about a small sense of comfort, that at least they weren't alone to fight the enemy.

"I heard what happened to the British Ministry," Zane's deep alto felt like thunder, "how many casualties?"

"They said it was about three hundred injured. But the Minister is in hiding. He's safe." Theseus replied.

"Good." Zane nodded towards his group of wizards, "my men have been itching to kick Grindelwald's ass."

The British auror's lips tilted into an amused smile, "they're not the only ones, Zane."

"Mr. Emem," Came Roo's surprised exclamation, causing the group to turn and watch Roo grip the said man's hand in a firm shake, "we didn't know you were coming, as well!"

"Didn't want to miss out on the fun," the old man chuckled.

Beside Theseus, Zane proceeded to roll his eyes, "sure."

The head auror glanced at the African auror's sarcasm in surprise, which caused the latter to shrug, "he's my uncle."

"Mr. Emem? Really?" Theseus blinked in surprise. "That just made a whole lot of sense."

"I told him it would do him no good to be here. But you know how they are." Zane folded his arms across his chest and Theseus had the suspicion that he was trying not to pout as he mumbled something in Afrikaans.

Introductions were made to the group of British Aurors before Zane decided that they would retreat and rest for the day, considering that they had a long trip. They wished them Merry Christmas as they left, once again leaving the British aurors to mingle amongst themselves.

Adam thus decided to take it upon himself to amuse the group.

"So Roo," he started, putting her directly on the spot with a teasing grin that she knew would do no good, "what's up between you and Theseus?"

She felt her body ignite with warmth, throwing him the scariest scowl she could muster while Theseus covered his chuckle with a cough. She threw him a glare, hating how casual he was considering that this was also his problem to deal with.

Tina glanced between the two with a knowing expression, "do tell."

Roo wanted nothing more than to cringe upon noticing the smallest flicker of a smirk on her friend's features.

"What?" Newt looked confused, as usual, "Did something happen?"

"No." Roo snapped at the same time Theseus said, "Yes."

"What?" They stared at each other.

"Well we know something happened. It's been happening for a while now," Tina grumbled. Roo swivelled around to gape at her, "Tina!"

"What was happening?" Newt protested in the background.

"I caught them getting all intimate." Adam added.

"Huh?" The Magizoologist's eyes widened. Tina scoffed at her boyfriend's really slow behaviour, "Newt, I must've told you that at least a dozen times. But clearly you never listen."