The News

Peter drummed his fingers on his desk. He was in calculus right now, but he already knew everything he was being taught. He turned around to check the clock, but he still had a couple hours until school ends.

He tried to force himself to pay attention. But his mind kept drifting off. Tonight I can go patrolling an hour later. It was Friday night, which meant he was taken off an hour of curfew.

The door creaked opened, and in came the school nurse. Everyone turned to look at her as she made her way to the teacher. She whispered something into Mrs. Watson's ear. Her face softened, before looking at at peter.

"Peter can I talk to you for a second?" The nurse asked him. Everyone turned to look at Peter.

At first Peter was nervous. He didn't do anything wrong? He never does. Well, besides skipping class before last semester. But that was in the past.

Then he got excited, they were probably going to tell him something about his grades. And he would do anything to get out of this class.

He stood up and grabbed his stuff, before hurrying out of the classroom with Mrs. Balkery. The door shut behind them, and she stood in the hallway. He furrowed his eyebrows. Why did they stop in the hallway?

Mrs. Balkery took a deep breathe of air. Peter started to get scared, god what was happening?

"I hate to be the one to tell you. But-" she stopped herself. Peter's eyebrows stayed furrowed.

"Is- is everything alright?" He asked her. Her face showed pity.

"It's your aunt..." she finally said. Peter whispered a gasp. What happened with his aunt?

"Is she alright?" His voice cracked on alright. He shook his head, everything was going to be fine. Her eyes softened even more, showing more pity.

"I'm sorry," she said. Peter's knees turned weak  and he fell to the ground. Mrs. Balkery tried to help Peter up but he didn't let her.

"No. Stop," he didn't mean to seem mean. He tried to push himself back up, but he ended up falling again, this time fainting.

He slowly blinked his eyes open. The light was super bright, especially with his SpideySense. He put his hand up trying to block the light, but it didn't do much.

After he finally got used to the light he sat up. Where was he? A women walked into the room with something in her hand.

It was Mrs. Balkery with ice, which she handed to him. He muttered a thank you, before placing it on his throbbing head.

"How are you feeling?" She asked him while she sat at her desk. He just nodded, not wanting to reply. "Do you remember anything?"

Aunt May is gone. He nodded again, tears filling in eyes. Everyone he's ever loved left him. His mom, his dad. Uncle Ben and now Aunt May? Who else was next? Ned?

"I'm so sorry, Peter" she didn't know what to say, Peter knew that. No one ever knew exactly what to say every time he lost someone. The tears that were welled in his eyes he pushed away, but he still couldn't answer.

"Do you- do you want me to call someone?"

I have no one I could call.

But he couldn't answer, his voice gone. He shook his head. And she didn't reply this time.

She went to look up Peter's information in the school, but the only one who was there was May. He had no living relatives anymore.

Mrs. Balkery stood up and walked out of the room and into the office. Peter put the ice pack down, it wasn't helping. He slowly stood up and walked to the Nurses cabinet and took out the bottle of Advil. He shook about eight pills into his hand before popping them in his mouth. He put the bottle away and got some water for the rest of the pills that wouldn't go down without it. He walked back to fake uncomfortable bed type things and sat down.