I Am Good For Him

"Peter, what's going on?" Tony asked and pulled away from the hug so he could look at Peter. Why was Peter so far away from his home? He doesn't look hurt, and he isn't wearing his Spider-Man suit. Tony knew he made a new suit because he saw it on YouTube.

"I- I- I came home late, and then he just-." Peter stopped talking. He didn't know how to say it without sounding pathetic.

Natasha watched as the scene played out, knowing if she jumped in she'd get a glare from Tony. As much as she was worried and scared for Peter, she knew this was Tony's job, and Tony's job alone. She was just there to fly the jet.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt? Are you going to have a panic attack?" Tony asked Peter, searching his eyes for anything that might give him an answer. Peter shook his head, but Tony didn't know if that was the answer for one question, or all. "Peter, you have to tell me what happened."

How was Tony supposed to help if he didn't know what was going on? Peter took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down before telling Tony.

"It was Bruce," he said. Tony furrowed his eyebrows. Bruce? What could've happened with Bruce? He's away, he hasn't seen Peter in four months.

"Bruce? What?" Peter noticed Tony's confusion. Did he seriously not remember his adoptive dad was named Bruce?

"Not Bruce Banner, Bruce Wayne. The guy who adopted me," Peter felt hurt Tony didn't even remember this name. Did he really not care that much? It surely hasn't been that long.

"Right, Sorry. What about him?" That was the question Peter didn't know how to answer. Tony grew impatient. If Peter called Tony for the first time in four months to pick him up, something must've been wrong. Peter's silence scared him. "Peter." He waited until Peter looked up at him. "What about Wayne?"

"He- so. I went out patrolling pretty late and didn't come back for a while because there was this guy trying to rob a convenience store." Tony sucked in air. He didn't like Peter fighting someone with a gun. "And when I came back I found out I scared Bruce and Rachel- Rachel is my... adoptive mom." Tony rolled his eyes.

"Yes Peter, I remember her. She's the one I talked to." Peter nodded.

"For being out so long. And Rachel was out looking for me and well. Bruce was really mad- and drunk. He was mad and drunk, and when you're drunk you don't think straight. So honestly I shouldn't eve-," Tony sighed, cutting him off. This kid sure likes to ramble.

"Hurry up, Kid," Peter didn't know how to react to that, kid. It's been so long since anyone's called him that.

"Oh- um... right. Anyway, he was mad and drunk. And obviously I couldn't say 'oh yeah, just out being Spider-Man,' so I had to lie. But he-" Peter's voice cracked. Natasha glanced up at Peter when she heard that, before bringing her attention back down to her phone.

"But he didn't believe me..... so he- he- Well I guess what I'm trying to say is he, Bruce. Bruce Wayne, not Banner. Kind of... hit... me?" He said, avoiding eye contact.

Natasha's head snapped up from her phone to Peter. She has been texting the gang about this whole 'emergency mission', and has only been halfway paying attention. But when she heard that, she became mad.

Tony just stood there, staring at Peter. He hasn't said anything or even moved since Peter told him.

"He what?" Natasha slide her phone into her back pocket and started to walk towards Peter.

Tony now looked off into space, glaring at nothing.

"Hey, Nat. It's fine, I'm gone now, I'm not... I'm not going back, he was drunk." Peter said, trying to calm her down. They wouldn't make him go back, right? But Peter also didn't want them hurting Bruce. Hurting Bruce would hurt Rachel, and he didn't want that.