"Not For Me"

The whole car ride was quiet. It consisted of worried glances at Peter from Tony. Worried glances at Tony from Steve. And glances at all three of them from Wanda as she drove. Steve was going to, but she knew he was too worried about Tony to. Little did she know she'd also be looking at everyone through the mirror.

When they got to the tower Tony led Peter to the guest bedroom. Steve watched him until Tony was out of sight.

"You should talk to him," Wanda said from behind Steve. Steve was standing straight up, looking at the door that Tony entered not too long ago.

"I've tried," He said, still looking at the door. "He'll never forgive me."

Wanda put her hand on Steve's shoulder. He didn't move.

"I'm sorry," she whispered. He shook his head. No one should be sorry for him, he didn't deserve it.

He started walking away, Wanda's hand falling off his shoulder. They've never been close, but Wanda cared for him. Wanda cared for everyone.

After losing his brother, she saw things more clearly. She didn't want anyone to lose someone like she did. Steve didn't have to lose Tony, he was still here. He was still alive.

It will be hard work, and Steve looked like he wanted to try, he just needed a push.

Tony walked Peter to the guest room after they got out of the elevator. He eyed him still, wondering.

Once they got to the room and Tony opened it, Peter froze. Everything looked so expensive. Tony walked into the room, Peter still standing at the doorway.

Tony turned to look at him. Tony nodded, and Peter slowly started to walk in. Tony pat the bed, and Peter sat at the edge.

Tony rolled his eyes at the boy.

"Lay down, Pete," Peter moved onto the bed and lies down.

This bed was the most comfortable bed he's ever been in. He felt like he could fall asleep, but his mind won't let him.

"Go to bed. You're tired," Tony said. Peter wanted to nod, but he couldn't move. Tony stayed for a few minutes. Peter wasn't moving and his eyes were closed, breath even. Tony stood up and walked over to the sleeping child.

He just stared at him for a few seconds. He moved his hand up and felt his face. Poor kid. Mother, gone. Father, gone. Uncle who he thought of as a father, gone. Aunt who he thought of as a mother, gone.

A tear fell down Tony cheek. Even Tony was crying before Peter was. Tony almost cleared his throat, but not wanting to wake up Peter he didn't. He just pulled the sheets up closer to his chin, and walked out.

When he opened and closed the door was when he cleared his throat and wiped his eyes. He turned to walk away, but someone was sitting there on the ground looking up at him.

Oh dear god.

Steve stood up.

"Is he alright?"

"Go away," Tony walked away, but Steve followed him. Tony walked to the elevator and pressed the button. He just realized that the elevator was fixed, someone must've called someone or fixed it themselves. He didn't even notice when he brought Peter up, he was too focused on him.

"I just want to know if the kids okay," Steve said to Tony. Tony turned around, now mad.

"Well it doesn't matter because you don't know him, Cap. You don't know the first thing about him so stop acting like you care! You don't care about anyone except for yourself and that killer. You'd kill for him. You tried many times to. That's all you care about and that's all you'll ever care about. You call me selfish, huh? Well like it the goddamn mirror because that's who you are," Tony pressed him finger to Steve's chest. "You're the selfish one, so stop acting like you're not. Stop acting like you care about other people because we both know you don't give a shit about anyone else. I've tried to ignore you. I've tried to just push it to the back of my mind. Want to know why? Because without the avengers the world is in shitty hands. I care about this world, not just one person. Not just myself. But you again, don't and keep throng to push it. So stop. Leave me the hell alone and stop trying to make me forgive you because I'm not. I'm never going to forgive you. Not today, not tomorrow, not in a million years." He wanted to say more, he had so much more to say but the elevator opened. He turned to walk in the elevator.