I'm Not Good For You

His eyes fluttered open. That was one of the best sleeps he's ever had.

He looked around, and noticed he was still in the couch. Tony stood up, Peter was gone. So that must mean that he went to bed when Tony fell asleep.

Wasn't the kid always supposed to fall asleep before the dad?

Not like Tony would know anyways.

Tony went down to Peter's room, but he wasn't there. Where was he?

"Friday, where is Peter?" He asked his AI.

"He left the building around five hours ago, sir." Five hours ago? It was only seven am, which meant he left at three in the morning?

-

He didn't even have anything to pack up.

He woke up from his Nightmare around fifteen minutes ago. That must've been a sign, right?

He needed to get out, if not forever then for at least a day or two.

Peter remembered he had his subway card in his jeans back pocket from three weeks ago. He went to his room and quickly changed out of Tony's clothes and into his old ones.

He put his hand in his back pocket, and thankfully the card was still there.

He opened the window and jumped out. It was three AM, who would see him?

He swung to an alleyway. He jumped down and walked the rest of the way to the subway.

He got off at his old stop. He fidgeted with his thumbs as he walked up the stairs.

We don't have room in our family for you.

No. It was all a dream, Pepper never really said that.

He looked up at his old apartment building. Easy peasy. He could do this easy peasy.

He walked through the doors, and to the elevator, and into his apartment.

The second he walked in he froze.

This place was full of her. Everywhere he looked it was her.

No. He came here for a reason and he couldn't stop that now. He walked right into his room, trying to avoid anything May.

He went to his closet and took out his Spider-Man suit. He quickly changed and jumped out the window.

He had somewhere to be, but he would stop if he saw anything bad. Thankfully, everything seemed fine.

He dropped down in front of the huge doors. It was a quarter past four, so no one would be there.

He used his spider webs to cover any cameras, and sometimes would have to break them if he didn't notice them in time.

He snuck into the schools office, and jumped over the counter. Where could his backpack be?

He checked the principal's office, and then the vice principals. He looked under desks and even in cabinet that were way too small for backpacks.

Finally, he found it tucked away in the teachers lounge. If he took the whole backpack it would be too suspicious, so he only took his phone and the web fluid that was tucked away in a water bottle. Thank god he didn't label it.

He webbed back and tried to go through his phone, but it was dead. Honestly, he shouldn't have expected it to have any battery percentage left.

He went back to his apartment and plugged in his phone before taping his chest and the suit fell off. He fell onto his bed and fell asleep thinking of May.

Tony tracked the Spider-Man suit. If he left he probably went to get his suit, so either he's home or he's out patrolling.

Tony didn't like to think about Peter patrolling. He wasn't in the right mindset to do so.

Why would Peter run off like that? What happened?

Friday said he left so he wasn't in danger, besides going out as Spider-Man.

He was at the apartment, sleeping. It seemed he just went to sleep thirty minutes ago.

Tony got into his car and drove to the apartment building.

He got to Peters apartment and twisted the doorknob. It was unlocked. Peter should at least lock it and protect himself.

He found him in his room sleeping. He was tucked under his blanket and his suit was on the ground. The window was cracked the tiniest bit open, someone could've came through and kidnapped him!

He shook Peter super hard to wake him up.

Peter woke up and looked up at Tony. He was shocked, and instantly sat up.

"Mr. Stark-."

"Are you insane!?" He yelled at the kid. Peter looked down at his hands. "You snuck out? At three am!?" Tony asked Peter. Peter didn't reply. "And went out as Spider-Man? Someone could've killed you! You're not ready to be Spider-Man again!" Peter looked up at Tony.

"What is that supposed to mean..?" His voice groggy from just walking up.

"It means you can't fight in your condition!" Peter furrowed his eyebrows. His condition? What's that supposed to mean.

"I did fine, Tony-."

"Don't speak. Listen. You can't just leave in the middle of the night because you want to and travel around town. You can't go out as Spider-Man without asking me, because I watch you. I take care of you, you're my responsibility. I can't have you dead because then it'll be my fault. Okay? Do you understand?"

"Tony, I-." But Tony wasn't listening to him. Actually, it seemed like Tony was talking more to himself than Peter.

"I thought I was doing good, you know? You seemed to be getting happier, you seemed fine! Then you disappear in the middle of the night? That night I thought you were good! You were laughing! But no, you decide to run off. You know, maybe I'm not good at this. Maybe I'm not good for you." Peters eyes started to well up. When Tony said it like that, it seemed that what he did was pathetic.

But what did he mean? I'm not good for you. Was he... was he going to send him away?

"What do you mean?" His voice cracked. The tears were about to fall, but he was fighting them. He couldn't go into the system.

Tony sighed, what other choice did he have? Tony obviously wasn't helping Peter. He wasn't getting any better. Maybe it was time he found Peter an actual home. A permanent one.

"Come on, ki-... come on, let's go back to the tower." Tony held a hand out for Peter, but he didn't take it.

Peter's face started to scrunch up. Peter stood and walked past Tony and out of the apartment. Tony followed close behind.

They got into the car, and drove back in silence. Peter didn't look at Tony the whole ride home.

-

Oop. Sorry if this made you sad, but the next ones gonna be worse 😂😂😂. Also the next one is going to have a song you HAVE to listen to while reading it, hehe.

Whatcha think? I wanna know.

-Love You All💞