Steve and Peter

Steve knocked on the door, before twisting the doorknob and walking in. Peter looked up at the super solider.

"I didn't say come in,"

"I knocked but I wasn't asking for an answer," Steve sat down on the red sofa next to Peter. "What's up?" Peter was quiet for a few seconds.

"Go away. I want to be alone,"

"I saw," Peter turned his head to look at him. He was in the living space? "But this is the Avengers Towers. Home to many, you'll never be alone,"

Peter raised his eyebrows. He's been alone a lot this week. And Steve's never shown an interest in him since today.

"That hasn't been a problem since right now actually,"

"Well I didn't know who you were until today," Peter moved back. He knew he was Spider-Man? I mean it didn't bother him too much but Tony didn't seem to want them to know.

"Did he tell you?"

"Something like that," that didn't seem like a very good answer. "Now what happened?"

Peter didn't want to talk about it. If Steve knew he'd seem like a freak. He already embarrassed himself enough with Tony there.

"On-." Stev just looked at him, waiting for his to go on. "Remember the day you and Wanda came to pick me and Tony up?" Steve nodded.

"Well, I kind of- Well I freaked out an hour before. My aunt- she-."

"I know. It's okay,"

"And they wanted to take me in. So I freaked out and-." Peter took a breath. There was silence for a minute.

Steve knew not to speak. He knew that saying something wouldn't help. Steve lost Bucky once, but he got him back for a while. And he knows one day Bucky will be back with him forever. And he had Peggy, and he really did lose her. He will never see her again.

"I didn't want to go with them. But they were making me. And I wasn't thinking, so I-... I hurt them."

Steve understood Peter. He hurt his friends when trying to help Bucky. He knew what that felt like. Guilt.

"And I ran away, using my powers. No suit. And- and the security saw it." Steve looked at him.

"All of it?" Peter looked at him, his eyes showing too much emotion.

"Most," Steve sucked in a breath. This wasn't good for him. They'd take him.

"So... they know? Everyone?" Peter was so vulnerable right now. How could he be so careless about it all? How could he do that. Use his webs in school, in the middle of town? How could he not expect this?

"I don't know... when Tony came through the wall he hit the camera. It still worked, yes. But it flickered to black and back. Thankfully when I used my webs...  when I used my webs on Tony, it was black. So when it came back on, Tony was on the ground and I was standing there. Then I ran out," Peter said all looking forward. He didn't want to see Steve's expression, especially because he could feel it.

Peter used his webs and threw Tony? No one told him about it? I guess it wasn't his information to know.

"Peter. I know this seems like the worst day ever," I'd take this day over Aunt May's death any day, "but you're here and Tony wouldn't let anything happen to you. And neither will us."

Us.

Peter started to think of Tony. Was that talk in the lab earlier a fight? Were they fighting? Peter didn't want to fight. What he wanted was the truth. And to change subjects.

"What happened with you and Tony," Steve's hard face was on. And a normal human would never have noticed the quarter of a second that showed shock.

"You were there in Berlin."

"But it's more than that! I know it. Tony was going to go talk to you about it, I think. He wouldn't just end your friendship and never talk to you again over that!" Peter just wanted to know what was happening in the place he lived. He was tired of being treated like a kid even thought he was just a child. He felt like he was make than that.

Was Steve really going to tell Peter? Was he really going to tell him everything? Something that even hurt him to think about.

"Tony came after me and Bucky, to save us. That's when he found out Bucky was mind controlled and he was forced to kill him parents. And he found out I knew and didn't tell him," Steve stopped. He knew Peter already knew all this, but there was more. "I thought I was protecting him. That if he didn't know the truth it couldn't hurt him,"

"I was wrong. But he started to fight Bucky. I wanted to protect my friend, so I fought Tony. And then I used my shield to... his arc reactor," Peter wanted to gasp. That was what kept him alive, he could've died. He was close to death.

But he wouldn't do that to Steve. Steve already felt bad enough, he didn't need Peter to make it worse.

"And now you're trying to say sorry. But Tony won't accept it."

Steve looked down at his hands.

"And the other day. You tried, and he punched you?" Steve looked up at Peter. How did he know that? "It was literally outside my room, Captain. You two must really think I'm deaf."

Steve and Peter went to the living space. They started to watch a Star Wars movie Steve hasn't seen. When Peter found that out he was shocked. How could someone not have seen all the Star Wars movies?

They were about half n' hour in when he thought of Tony. Tony would've loved to watch this movie with Peter.

Or was Tony mad at him? For bringing up Steve. Peter wasn't defending Steve. But he could see he missed Tony, and he wouldn't know what to do if he lost Tony like that.

Peter stood up and walked to the kitchen. He grabbed a cup and walked to the fridge.

While he put ice in the cup he started to think even more. Maybe if he could get Tony up here it wouldn't be that awkward. Or it'd be the most awkward thing ever and Tony would scold him for it. He switched to the one that put water in the cup. Maybe he'd risk it anway.

"Friday, where's Mr. Stark,"

"Anthony Stark is passed out on the ground of his lab,"

Peter dropped the cup.

-

OooOooo. What do you think of Steve in this story?

Whatcha think? I wanna know.

-Love You All💞