She smirks at the man who sat across from her as she finished up her dinner—yet he hasn't touched his plate at all. She found his reaction laughable, but she decided to keep it to herself. Figuring it was time to put her empty dish in the sink, she stood up from her chair.

    Garou quickly stood up as well, and attempted to strike her while she left her guard down. Not to kill her, but just enough force to make her pass out. Just his luck, she quickly dodged it, despite her being unaware of his actions. His eyes widened as she merely stared back. He readied himself to attack her again, only for her to gently put a hand on his shoulder and pushed him back into his chair.

    "Why don't you eat first?" She smiled and walked to her kitchen to put away her dish. Garou was confused. He had many emotions running through him yet he didn't know how to express himself at the moment. Not to mention he was sick. He took the plate full of food on the coffee table and began to shovel it into his mouth at his newfound hunger.

    "Is she a hero?" He thought to himself as he ate. Running water echoed throughout the house from the kitchen as the woman washed her dish. "She's gotta be a class S for reflexes like that. I must eliminate her..." He furrowed his brows as he glared in the direction of her. He finished his plate, stood up, and exited the living room and entered the kitchen to put away his plate just as she did.

    You were at the sink washing the few plates. Listening to your surroundings, you heard the hero-hunter's footsteps creep behind you and set his plate down at your side on the counter. You smiled to yourself as he readied to attack you again, only for you to quickly dodge it, just as before.

    "What the fuck!?" He yelled in frustration as he tried to repeatedly attack you. Each one missed, frustrating him more and more.

    "Please stop," you say calmly. "I've done nothing but offer you my hospitality, why are you attacking me?" You ask in an unruffled voice, finishing off the chore and putting the clean plates away as he tried to strike you again and again. This made the male stop, as he knew you were right. He stared at the girl for what seemed like an eternity in a readied pose. Obviously he was unsure of himself and his actions. For some reason, he couldn't help but to attempt to strike her. He's been hunted for so long, he forgot what hospitality actually felt like. Suddenly, one of the gashes on his side started to pulsate, making him groan in pain. He placed a hand over the bandage as he looked down at it.

    "I just changed those too." The girl sighed and pushed the male into the living room, making him sit on the couch again. "You're lucky I kept these out for you." She chuckled to herself as she pulled the basket of medical supplies from a small table next to her chair. She then started to work on changing his bandages... again.

    After a few minutes of silence, Garou decided to ask the question that's been plaguing his mind. "Are you... a hero?" The question came out a little rougher than he intended. The woman stopped what she was doing and let out a hardy laugh. Wiping a tear away, she shook her head.

    "No, of course I'm not." She said as went back to her work. Guilt filled the male's stomach as he studied her face. He felt bad for attacking her, despite not being a hero and her doing so much for a riff riff such as himself.

    "Then," he paused and looked up at the decor on her walls. "What are you?" She finished up and placed all the excess supplies back into the basket. Standing up, she gave the boy a half smile.

   "I'm an author."