"Alright," you let out a heavy sigh. "I'll be leaving now. Yeah, mhm. Okay, bye." You say unenthusiastically, and end the call. You were just called into work; something that hardly ever happens because you always work from home. Apparently, a hero wants to have a little chat with you about their upcoming autobiography.

    Collecting your things, you slid your shoes on when Garou, your new flatmate, walks into the room. He tilted his head as he watched you prepare for your leave.

    "Going somewhere, (Y/n)?" He asked, leaning back into the wall and crossing his arms. For some odd reason, you felt intimidated at his stance, but let it slide for now. You didn't have time for this anyways.

    "I got called into work so I'll be gone for a few hours. I can trust you that you'll do fine on your own? You know where everything you need is, at least I think you do." You asked the male as you grabbed your purse from the counter, checking to see if you had your bus pass on you. Garou let out a hum in assurance and waved you off as you exited the house with a small 'bye.'

    After a few minutes, Garou plopped himself on the couch, bored out of his mind. Annoying you was his entertainment. Truth be told, you were never annoyed with him, but he'd like to think you were.

    As Garou was lost in thought, he didn't notice several pairs of eyes watching him from the window.

    ---

    The considerably long bus ride ended, so you made your way to your company's building. Upon entering the building, you kindly greeted the secretary at the counter as you two were somewhat acquaintances. The two of chatted for a few minutes and laughed at one another's jokes. You then waved at her as you entered the elevator to get to your boss's floor.

    Anxiety drifted through the air of the elevator as you were nearing the floor.  Your boss sounded angry and it made you extremely nervous. Clutching the strap of your bag, you felt the elevator stop and a little bell ringed while the doors opened. Stepping out slowly, you began to make your way to his office.

Entering his little room, you were met with two faces. "Ah, (Y/n)! There you are, darling. I'm sure you've heard of Metal Bat, have you?" He gestured to a figure sitting on top of his desk. Your boss surprisingly wasn't angry, which confused you greatly. Looking in the direction of the other person, you recognized the S classed hero. His expression was unreadable. You figured he most likely didn't want to be here as much as you did.

Holding your hand out for him to shake, you give him a kind smile. "It's nice to meet you." He shakes your hand and replies with a, 'right back atcha.' You noticed his strong voice carried an accent.

"Glad you two are getting along," your boss chuckles making the two of your cheeks dust pink from embarrassment. "Anyways, I've assigned you the task of writing and editing Metal Bat's biography! Isn't that great? This will get you two plenty of recognition on both ends." He gave a bright cheery smile. Metal Bat scratched the back of his head as you gave an unintentional disappointed smile.

"Yeah, that's... awesome." You let out a forced laugh. Bat noticed, but didn't comment on it. Writing AND editing!? That's way more than enough for just one person.

"Awesomeness!" Your boss laughs. Despite his age, he liked to keep up on the slang kids were using, making you cringe a bit at his word choices. Your boss was a nice guy, but never listened to what people wanted. He ultimately had good intentions, but instead of letting people do what they wanted, he decided what they should do for him, despite the countless times of asking him. Many of your coworkers are stuck in the same situation as you.

"Now, you guys should go chat down in the lobby. Ya know, get yourselves a coffee, see what you both have in common and such. Become friends!" He gripped the two of you in a side hug, forcing you to walk towards the door as he continued to speak. "After that, go see Linda and get a schedule that'll work between the two of you! Now shoo." She shoved the both of you out of his office.

It stayed silent between the two of you as you tried to process what happened. Looking at the male, you noticed he was already staring at you.

"Coffee?" He asked with a small smile and pink cheeks.

Shrugging, you replied, "Sure. Why not?"