Stepping into your company's building, you make your way to the elevator. It's been a few days since you've shown up. You wanted to make the "break in" more believable, as if it actually happened. Deep down, you prayed Garou wasn't apprehended. Knowing if he was, there wasn't a chance to be friends anymore.

    Heaving out a heavy sigh as you stepped into the elevator, you prepared yourself for some lies again. You hated lying, but you didn't really have a choice. It was the only option to protect yourself and your newfound friend at the moment.

Stepping out of the elevator, you started to make your way to your boss's office to further explain your absence you've previously described to him on the phone. Your hand was slowly opening the door knob, but the door was yanked open. Your shoulders were quickly grabbed as and you were pulled inside.

"(Y/n), are ya okay!? I heard about what happened! Were ya hurt!?" The voice's hands cupped your face and looked you over repeatedly. You grab their hands and pull them off of you.

"Metal Bat, I'm fine." You let out a small chuckle.

"As soon as ya boss told me about what'd happened, I got so worried!" He laughed with you, happy that you were perfectly fine. Speaking of the boss, you looked behind the male in front of you and noticed he wasn't at his desk. Or in the room for that matter. You figured he was in a meeting or something along those lines.

"Hey, I'm starving. Want to go get something to eat? We can work on your autobiography while we're at it." You smiled up at the male with black hair. He nodded with a half smile and you two made your way to a small café nearby.

---

    Walking through the streets of the city, you and Bat continued to chat up a storm. To you, he was surprisingly funny. He made you laugh quite a bit. As you two started to walk down a cross walk, you sipped on the drink you got to-go, but was bumped roughly by a shoulder. You dropped the drink and gave a sharp glare at the person, only for you eyes to widen. His white spiky hair was the first thing you noticed before you recognized him. It was Garou!

    "G—"

    "Hey, stranger." He quickly corrected you with a sly smirk. He must've knocked your drink out of your hands on purpose. As if on cue, Metal Bat quickly came up to your side after noticing you weren't following.

    "Sorry about your drink, I can buy you a new one?" He offered as he shoved his hands in his pockets. His demeanor was strange. He wasn't pretending as if you two were truly strangers, despite him correcting you before. This was making Metal Bat uncomfortable and before you could respond, he answered for you. Sweat dripped down from your forehead as you prayed in your head that Metal Bat didn't recognize him.

    "Ah, no thanks. I got it covered." He quickly said as he grabbed your wrist and pulled you along beside him, leaving Garou in the dust. "What was up with that guy, huh, (Y/n)?" He tried to joke with you while hiding his obvious discomfort. You genuinely tried to not be upset with Metal Bat. Knowing he was only doing his job as a hero and escorting a 'damsel in distress' away from a 'sketchy dude,'  but neither of those things were true. You weren't in distress, and Garou wasn't a sketchy dude. Well, okay, not entirely. But you still knew him.

    "Yeah... weird, haha." You replied as you looked back and made eye contact with Garou. His expression was almost unreadable to you, but you caught a glimpse of annoyance. He let out a huff and rolled his eyes before walking away, as if he couldn't care less.

    "Come on, let's go get you another drink."