*I'm back bitches! I can't be contained uwu thank you all for your support! It seriously means a lot to me! <3

The two of you stepped into a different café; smaller than the one from before. The atmosphere of the shop was quaint and made you relax at the comfortable vibe. Walking up to the counter, you looked up at the menu behind the baristas and tapped your foot.

    Sweat dripped down your forehead as you thought back to the moment from before. Garou meeting Metal Bat. You wondered how the man next to you didn't recognize the infamous hero-hunter. Could it possibly be the fact that you technically studied people for a living? Or was Metal Bat oblivious to things like that. He is a guy after all. All jokes aside, this internally freaked you out.

    "What do ya want, (Y/n)?" The said man looked back at you and gave you a bright smile. You couldn't help yourself but to return it, the corners of your mouth perking up a bit. 

    "Um..." Your voice dragged as you looked up at the menu again. "Just a (f/d), please." You told the barista. She nodded and then took Bat's order as you reached into the small purse at your hip. Before you could grab any money, the man next to you swatted your hand away and paid for both drinks.

"You didn't have to do that, you know." You mumbled as the two of you moved to the other side of the room to wait for your drinks to finish being made.

"Yeahhhh, but I wanted to." He grinned down at you.

"You paid for the last one, idiot."

"Hey! That wasn't very nice!"

You two continued to chat away inside the small café, but little did the two of you know, a man with white hair walked by. His golden eyes watch as the two of you laughed together. A pang of jealousy shot through him as he continued to watch the two of you. It seemed like you were close to him. He took a step closer to the window to get a better view of the scene unfolding in front of him.

You had tripped and before you could fall, he had caught you in his strong arms. Garou's brows furrowed at the sight. He was glad that you weren't hurt, but he wasn't happy on who caught your fall. Needless to say, it wasn't him, and he wasn't happy. He scoffed and continued walking. He couldn't bare to watch anymore as he soon came to realize he hated the man that went by the hero-name Metal Bat.

---

Hours have passed, the sun now vacant in the sky, replaced by the moon. Despite the time, the city was still just as lively as it was in the day. You and Metal Bat walked side by side chatting away. You've learned a lot about him, so far. You've jotted down a few notes to keep in mind for his biography when it came time to write it.

As of now, your shared laughing was interrupted by Metal Bat's phone. He answered it, signaling with a finger that it would only take a minute. A few words were shared before he ended the call. He scratched the back of his head as he explained that he had to do hero work and didn't have time to walk you home "like a gentleman should."

"Haha, it's okay. I live a few blocks away, so I'm sure it'll be fine." You gave him a smile and a thumbs up for reassurance. He hesitantly returned a curt nod before running away in a different direction.

Left by yourself, you began to walk home. Passing by an alley way, you didn't happen to see a man perched on top of a trash bin.

"I don't like him." His voice called out to you as you walked by. You let out a terrified scream and looked back at the person who startled you. Garou was quick, and placed a hand over your mouth while his other hand rested on your waist, pulling you close.

"Shhh! Stop screaming." He furrowed a brow as you settled down. You pull his hand off your mouth and lightly hit him the in head.

"You scared the hell out of me! I think I have a right to scream, thank you." You raised your voice, a bit annoyed. He let out a sigh and glared at you with his piercing golden eyes. Your face flushed as you realized how the male in front of you held you. His face was close, his warm breath fanned your face. Both of his hands rested on your hips as he pressed his chest to yours. You doubt he was aware of his actions, so you awkwardly coughed and looked away.

"I still don't like that guy." He said, ignoring your very obvious signs of discomfort in close proximity.