Chapter 5: Reunion

Daryl and I take the lead, heading for the spot where we buried the extra weapons. Daryl points to the spot, and Rick uncovers it.

"What the hell are we still doing around here?" Abraham asks.

"We've got guns," I say, pointing to Rick.

"We take the rifles and set up along the wall. We'll take out the rest of them," Rick says, looking up at us.

"What?" Glenn asks.

"They don't get to live."

I move closer to Daryl, and he automatically puts his arms around me, his chin resting on the top of my head.

"Rick, we got out. It's over," Glenn says.

"It's not over till they're all dead."

"The hell it isn't. That place is on fire!" Rosita says, appalled. "Full of walkers."

"We're not kicking around this place," Abraham says. "We just made it out."

"The fences are down. They'll run or die," Maggie adds.

We all fall into silence, and a few leaves crunch behind us.

We turn towards the noise, and my mouth falls open.

Carol.

Freaking...Carol.

She smiles at us, and Rick rushes forwards to hug her. Daryl looks between her and me with shock, and I hold him closer to me.

She releases Rick, looking around at all of us. She pulls a crossbow off her shoulder, moving towards Daryl and I.

"This is yours," she says, and Daryl places a hand on her shoulder, giving her a small smile before taking it. She reaches into her belt, pulling out another weapon. I cover my mouth with my hands, and she holds out my white handled knife to me. "And this is yours."

I hug her then. She looks surprised, but hugs me back, and Daryl smiles at the two of us as I release her and take my beloved weapon. Her eyes fall to my left hand, and her eyes widen when she notices the ring. She looks between Daryl and I, and we nod. She gives us a small smile, a small hint of sadness in her gaze.

"Did you do that?" Rick asks, pointing to Terminus.

"Yeah." She looks to all of us. "You have to come with me."

She turns, and we follow her back to the road. Glenn grabs the guns before we all leave.

We keep walking, and a house appears ahead of us.

Two figures head outside, a muscular black man, and a little baby girl.

Rick drops his weapons and sprints towards them, his face overwhelmed with grief and happiness. Carl follows his father closely, and they embrace their daughter and little sister. Rick kisses Judith's head, stroking her hair.

Sasha hugs Tyreese, tears streaming down her face. Everyone keeps heading towards the house, and Daryl and I stop near the porch.

Daryl looks down at me, wiping away a tear I didn't notice had appeared.

"Hey. You alright?" he asks, wiping away the tear with his thumb.

"It's been an emotional two days," I say.

He pulls me in for a kiss, and I wrap my arms around his neck. He doesn't release his grip around my middle when we break away, and he looks down at me, his baby blues so full of love and happiness that I feel I might drown in it.

"Happy two day anniversary," he murmurs, his lips right next to my ear.

I laugh. "Are we gonna be that kind of couple?"

"We should celebrate every day we spend together, don't you think?" I nod, and he kisses my cheek. "One day with you is better than a lifetime without, you know that?"

"I love you," I whisper.

"I love you more."