Chapter Eleven

I jumped from the counter, snatching a few strawberries for my aching stomach. I stuffed a few in my mouth as I tip toed out of the kitchen.

I kept close to the walls, not wanting to be seen by any other person who might be lurking in the mansion.

I reached a corridor, with a grand stair case in it, but different from the one Archer had taken me down earlier. Bright light shone through windows to my left.

I ran to them, shaking the handles until they opened. I smiled triumphantly. Running as fast as I could with the silver around my neck, I made a beeline for the trees ahead of me. I couldn't see any sort of road, and even if there was one I wouldn't take it, making it too obvious as to where I was.

I barely made it two steps into the tree line before two thick arms wrapped around my middle, hauling me off the ground.

I shrieked, not expecting him to catch me, let alone this quickly. I thrashed and kicked as he dragged me back to the house, entering the same way I'd escaped. He grunted in an effort to stop me from wriggling out of his grasp.

I felt pathetic, completely unable to get out of his grip. Archers arms caged around me like bars of steel. He set me down on the stairs in front of him. I brought my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them, trying to make myself as small as possible. I kept my head down, my hair acting as a shield around me.

Now he's going to punish me. I should've gone faster, or planned a better route.

My breaths came out short, the panic of what he might to do me now that he caught me, dawning on me. Before his muscles may have seemed appealing, but now they did nothing but spark angst in me.

"Look at me." His voice was deathly quiet. The calm before the storm.

I slowly raised my head. Conjuring up the strength, I met Archer's stare. It took everything I had in me not to run. His features were contorted in complete rage, his eyes burning bright amber. I gaped at his unorthodox eyes, frightened by them. His shoulders rose and fell with heavy breaths, his nose flaring with each one.

"I told you to stay in the kitchen." My heart sped, his voice barely sounded human. My hands shook furiously against my knees.

"I-I'm sorry." I managed to stutter out, only telling him what he want to hear. In reality I wasn't sorry, not at all. I was going to escape, no matter how many times I had to try . I was going to say what ever it took get me out of here.

Archers hard demeanour instantly softened at my apology. The glow in his eyes dimmed slightly.

He brought his huge hand up, easily cupping the side of my face. He held me there, taking deep breaths. He seemed to be holding himself back. The look in his eyes told me that he wanted more; that holding me like this wasn't enough.

"Don't leave me mate" He said finally. I was completely taken aback by the amount of the emotion behind his words. It was if all the anger had drained out of him at my touch.

I didn't know what to say. Sat there dumbly, my mind completely blank of what to do. He sighed, removing his hand from my face. He stood up, running his hands through his hair.

He walked back towards the large windows, shutting them closed. I made a mental note that he made no move to lock it. He started walking down the corridor, turning back to face me when I didn't follow.

"Come." I scurried to catch up to him.

Taking me through the corridors, we came to a set of grand doors, intricate swirls carved into the wood. He moved the doors open with ease, stepping aside so I could enter. I studied the the room, quickly realising that it was an office.