Chapter Thirty Two

Archer POV:

Strands of her silky, dark brown hair fell through my fingers, falling back onto her shoulders as I played with it. I could feel the gentle rise and fall of her chest, along with the soft heart beat in my chest matching mine.

Cameron lay across my chest, slumped across the couch whilst we watched TV. I wasn't even paying attention, instead just watching her as her soft giggles filled the room.

My eyes traveled across her soft features, going down to her neck. I frowned as looked at the bandage covering the mark.

A knot of guilt formed in my stomach. Every moment that passed, with the bond growing stronger, it was making the truth harder and harder to bare on my own.

Richard had promised it was the right thing to do. But somehow I knew it wasn't.

"It's just speeding up the process." He told me. "The feelings and bond that is growing is real."

I know it's real. I can feel it's real.

I never thought I'd get a second chance.

"Hey why'd you stop" she whined, slapping my hand. I must've stopped playing with her hair when I got lost in my thoughts. I learnt it was one of favourite things.

"Sorry" I smiled, pulling at the end of her hair.

"Can we go outside now?" She said looking out the window.

I opened the doors in the kitchen that led out to the garden, then turned back to watch as she ran outside. Her hands flew up at her sides as she span around in circles .

"Are you coming!" She yelled cupping her hands around her mouth.

I chuckled, stepping outside, watching as ran up towards me. She grinned with mischief in her eyes, standing in front of me, looking up.

"What?" I asked knowing she was planning something.

"Tig" She rushed out slapping me on the chest and running like a mad person away from me.

"I think you mean tag" I yelled after her, trying to catch her after her head start. Her ebony hair flowed behind her in the wind.

"Same shit different name" She called back.

I forgot how fast she was, as I had to let my wolf out slightly to keep up. She glanced behind her shoulder, laughing at me as she dipped through the trees.

I smirked, turning in a different direction, hiding myself in the line of trees. I could see her through the thick foliage as she began to slow down. She turned left and right trying to see where I'd gone. The adorable look of confusion pinched her eyebrows together.

Sneaking behind her I jumped out of the tree, engulfing her in my arms before she could run again. "Gotcha"

She squealed and laughed as I lifted her off the forest floor, carrying her back into the garden.

"That's cheating" She said as I placed her down on the grass.

"I call it tactful thinking." I said tapping the side of my temple.

Laughing, she rolled her eyes at me.

She looked down at her bare feet, where the mud from the forest had tuned them brown, and grass was peaking out between her toes. She smiled, seeming lost in thought for a moment.

"Can I see your wolf?" her voice eventually came out small and unsure.

"What?" I asked not exactly sure I had heard her right.