21. Unleash the cats

Y/N's P.O.V. 

"You look like shit." Zara smirked as she got out of the taxi.

"Feel worse." I shrugged and hugged her.
"I just want to know why I'm here, why you're here."

"You're here, because this is your house. I'm here, because you can't live without a responsible adult." She said and I scoffed.

"I've not been living with a responsible adult all week." I said and she raised an eyebrow.
"What, are you going to move here until I turn 18?"

"That's what we need to talk about." She sighed and I picked up one of her bags, before finding the hidden spare key and unlocking the door. It was weird seeing this place so empty. Yeah, all the furniture and stuff was here, but everything of sentimental value was gone. The photographs, the little things that make a house a home.
I dropped Zara's bag by the stairs and groaned as my phone buzzed.

"What do you want, Gerard, I'm a little busy?" I sighed as I answered.

"I need to talk to you." Gerard said, his voice shaking slightly and I internally screamed.
"I need to calm down."

"Where are you? Where's Mikey?" I asked and Zara gave me a weird look.

"I'm in my room, Mikey's talking to mom." Gerard said and I nodded.
"Frank's not answering his phone."

"Okay, can you hold your shit together whilst Mikey drives you here?" Gerard was quiet for a few seconds.
"Gee, I don't have any way of getting to you, so you're going to have to come to me."

"Yeah, maybe." Gerard muttered and I sighed a breath of relief.

"I'll text him, saying you're not feeling good. I'll get him to drive you here, he can drive, right?" I asked and Zara sat down, looking at me in amusement.

"He's 15, but yeah, I taught him." Gerard muttered and I put him on speaker.
"I don't really want him to get involved."

"And I don't really want to leave you alone like this, Gee." I typed a message to Mikey and he opened it immediately. It was a few minutes, before I got a response.
"Okay, Mikey agreed, just don't talk too much on your way here. The door's unlocked, just let yourself in, okay?"

"Yeah, thanks, Y/N." Gerard hung up and I dropped onto the couch.

"What was that about?" Zara asked.
"You sounded like a stressed parent."

"My friend has panic attacks and his brother doesn't know about them." I said and she looked a little surprised.
"Anyway, he's on his way over, so you better make this quick."

"I want you to move to England with me." She said suddenly and I looked at her with wide eyes.
"Even if it is just until you're 18. This house is in your name and you can sell it, keep the money in an account for a while and then use the money to get your own place when you want to move out."

"Are you insane?" I asked.

"No, your mother is. She's moved to California, you know?" She asked and I rolled my eyes.
"I want you to tell me what happened. What made you hate her?"

"Why do you think I hate her?" I asked and she laughed a little.

"I don't. Your mother thinks you hate her." I shook my head.

"Remember that time I got told off for being rude to a substitute teacher and singing that song about her?" I asked.

"Yeah, that song was pretty awesome." She laughed.

"Yeah, well she showed up at my new school and me and Brendon repeated the performance. We got sent to the principal. Then my boyfriend hit his best friend so he could come with us. Mom came, she was pissed, giving us lectures, blah blah blah. Then we came back here and I noticed a ring on her finger." I finished explaining what happened with her new boy toy.
"She slapped me and I left."

"Christ, M/N, you've dug yourself a hole here." Zara muttered.
"Where did you go?"

"Boyfriend's house. I had stayed there a few nights already because mom was being a bitch. All my stuff is at his place." I said and she smirked.

"So this friend coming over...?"

"Is my boyfriend's best friend." I said and she pouted.

"Do I not even get names?" I was about to tell her no, when the door opened and Gerard appeared.

"H-Hey, Y/N." He muttered and I patted the space next to me on the couch. His eyes were red and his eyeliner was smudged.

"Gee, this is my aunt Zara. Zara, this is Gerard." I introduced.
"Zara was just about to go for a walk."

"Well, I can tell when I'm not welcome." She muttered and I rolled my eyes as she left.
Gerard curled into my side and let out a quiet sob.

"Shh, calm down. You're safe. I'm here."