Chapter Five

Evie got herself ready to go out with Elizabeth, not sure about her outfit. She was familiar with the way girls were dressing in her small town but what are you supposed to wear to a bar in a big city? Is casual too low? A dress too much? High heels?

That is why she shamefully googled the bar she'd be going to and looked through their Facebook pictures. Seems like she has to dress up a bit. This is why she decided on a tight black skirt and a lacy red croptop. Still she decided to wear black trainers since she wanted to dance her little ass off tonight.

Elizabeth rung her doorbell and Evie reluctantly went to open it. Everything will be fine you are safe with Elizabeth.

"Evie, wow you look like a snack!", Elizabeth exclaimed while pulling her close. "You too, Lizzie! I didn't know you clean up so well.", Evie laughed, her nervousness flying out the window.

"Let's not keep the boys waiting then.", Liz dragged her new friend out of her small apartment and into the waiting Uber.

"Off to the "Nightjar", Elizabeth instucted the driver and gripped Evie's right hand excitedly. Arriving at "Nightjar" you could immediately see all the lights and hear the banging music. This is going to be so much fun!

While Liz decided to get them a long drink Evie couldn't be bothered to wait at the bar and immediately walked off to the dancefloor. She was three songs in when Liz finally handed her a colourful drink. Sucking on the metal straw Evie continued to sway her lips and move her weight from left to right to the beat of the Usher song playing. Luckily it wasn't too packed yet and the girls had enough space to dance freely. Evie let completely loose and lost herself in the music and dance moves, closing her eyes.

Sadly her moment was interrupted when she felt two strong arms around her waist. She immediately removed them and turned around to the boy, who was brave enough to shoot his shot. "Sorry I really don't want to.", she said still way too polite. Luckily he decided not to make this anymore uncomfortable and just went back to his friends. Liz grabbed Evie's hand making them dance together to "Wild thoughts", one of Evie's favorites. She held Lizzie by the waist and moved her hips in circles all the while screaming the lyrics. Suddenly something behind Evie seemed to have caught Elizabeth's attention. "What's wrong?", Evie asked her new found friend. "Mr. Holland is here."

Evie groaned mentally. She wanted to get her mind off of him how could he be here now?

Tom saw the girls the same time Elizabeth saw him. It took him a small second to recognize Evie since her back is facing him. Why is faith doing this to him? Didn't he want to escape from his constant thoughts about her? He couldn't help himself but stare in awe at the small figure swaying her hips seductively. She moved greacefully but still sexy like a goddess. Fuck.

Harrison noticed his friends stare but didn't think anything of it since this isn't the first time Toms brought a lady home after a night out. "Already found one mate?", he teased his oldest friend. "No no she is my employee.", Tom dismissed him quickly but Haz noticed that his friend was bothered. Something is unusual about this girl. "You've been with co-workers before lad.", he reminded him but Tom only shook his head.

The two men each grabbed a drink and decided to join the people on the dancefloor. Tom came here to set his mind free and that's what he is planning on doing while he started to dance a bit, downing his drink. He didn't realize he gradually got closer to the dancing Evie, keeping an eye on her the whole time. Haz of course noticed. Tom wasn't about to make a move though, he was content dancing while watching Evie completely lost in the music having fun with Liz. Liz was able to relax after loosing sight of her boss as well, she can have all the fun she wants in her free time. This could've gone on the whole night but someone decided to step in and break the content atmosphere. Another guy approached Evie wrapping his arms around her tiny waist and pulling her into him. Evie was surprised and nearly lost balance, which only resulted in her being even closer to the strange guy she didn't want to have anything to do with.

She turned around again this time his grip was way tighter than from the guy before so it was harder to wiggle her way around him to face him. He had blonde hair and light eyes, very average looking but Evie didn't care for his looks she wanted out of his tight grip badly. "Sorry I don't want to dance with you, please let me go.", she said as kind as possible while tring to pry his arms open but he only tightened his grip. "Why? You were dancing before dance with me now!", he yelled over the music not phased by her pleads at all. "No please get your arms off of me you are making me feel uncormfortable I want to dance with my friend.", Evie tried again to step as far away from him as possible but his strong grip on her back restrained her. She turned her head towards Elizabeth frantically, who luckily got the message and tried to pry the man's arms off of her friend. "Leave her alone she doen't want you to touch her!", Liz yelled getting frustrated at her weakness. Evie started to wiggle her body and use her whole weight to slam against his closed arms to get out of his hold but it didn't work. "Look its just a dance don't be difficult and don't make a big deal out of it."

Evie put her hands on his chest to create some distance and tried to push him off but it didn't do much. Why is no one helping her?

Tom watched the man put his arms around Evie's waist and felt like he was going to scream. She is free to do whatever she wants with whoever she wants!, he reminded himself but his feelings of jealousy and possessiveness were only growing. He was so caught up in them that he didn't notice Evie's discomfort right away but when he did he was full of rage. How dare he touch her without her consent?

Tom pushed himself through the people separating him from the struggling Evie and ripped that man off of her by his collar. Seeing that man roll his eyes at him for disturbing his moment with Evie set off Tom even more and his fist connected with that man's jaw creating an ugly sound. "She doesn't want to dance with you tonight buddy so I advise you to fuck off and not commit a crime you will fucking regret.", Tom spat until he pushed him away from the little group. "Are you alright? I am sorry I should have stepped in earlier I didnt realise you didn't want-" Tom's speech was cut off by Evie hugging him desperately. She threw herself into Tom's body her arms wrapping around his muscular torso holding him as close as she possibly could, not caring if she squeezed too hard because,let's face it, compared to him Evie was a whimp. Her head found it's place where his shoulder and his neck met and it fit there perfectly.

Tom needed a second before he too wrapped his strong arms round her small frame holding her tightly. This felt a lot better than the arms of that stranger. "Thank you so much for saving me. You are my hero.", she whispered not caring if he actually caught what she was saying. But he did and he was drinking it in. All of her and most importantly the feeling of holding her in his arms protecting her. Being her hero.

Evie too was in pure bliss her anxiety out the window, intoxicated by his warmth and his scent. Her body was tingling everywhere that she was touching him and it felt so incredibly good. He was muscular you could feel that for sure which made him appear even stronger for Evie than she already thought he was. What an incredible boy. For the first time since moving here she felt safe and secure and like she didn't have to be strong.