Chapter Thirty One

Tom couldn't help but let memories of the other night cloud his head. Holding himself back just then was the hardest thing he's ever had to do. But it was the right thing to do.

He wasn't even certain that Evie fully understood what had happened and what she did to him. Maybe that was for the best. Obviously he didn't know anything about her little chat with Liz and that Evie now indeed knew what was going on.

He was completely lost in his thoughts and didn't notice Evie staring at him during their dinner. She watched his eyes drop giving him a dreamy stare, which fitted perfectly to his messy hair and casual outfit consisting of grey sweatpants and a white v-neck. Admiration was in her eyes and he didn't even see it, too lost in memories of the previous night.

Feeling the sudden urge to be closer to him instead of just looking at him she hesitantly got up form her seat and walked over to him. He only snapped back into reality when she took a seat in his lap, arms wrapped around his neck and head resting on his chest. Out of instinct he wrapped his arms around her waist and knees to steady her-an action that made Evie's heart melt. He was always considering her comfort and safety.

"Sorry I know we were eating.", she said embarrassed by her own neediness. Tom lifted up her chin with two fingers to make her look up at him with widened eyes. "Nonsense, whenever you'd rather do this than anything else you can always interrupt me.", he said in a commanding voice making her feel all giddy inside. "Thank you Tommy.", she said happily, knowing he was dead serious about this.

He really was a blessing. Accepting her with all of her flaws, weirdness and insecurities. He was totally fine with her being needy and small and needing extra attention and a lot of physical touch. There aren't many guys out there, who are half as understanding as Tom is.

"Tommy.", she begun as he was gently playing with the ends of her hair. "Yes darling?"
"I am really glad I found you.", she admitted making a genuine smile spread on his face. "And you don't even understand how happy I am to have found you. You really brought light into my world, you know that sunshine?", he smiled making her reciprocate.

She tried leaving his embrace to let them both continue eating but Tom had different plans. He just pulled her plate closer to him and started feeding her while eating himself too. It was a strangely intimate action that made Evie feel all gooey inside. He was always taking care of her and for that she was incredibly thankful. "Can we maybe try and take pictures after this? I don't have any with you yet.", she asked giving him puppy eyes. "Only because I can't say no to you."

When taking pictures they of course messed around and took some silly ones but in the end Evie was so happy with this one, she decided to post it on her instagram, which she didn't do very often.

Liked by lizofficial and 87 others@evangelinejones: greetings from your favourite roomies

@evangelinejones: greetings from your favourite roomies

It didn't take long for all the comments from her friends back home to fly in.