Chapter Twenty Four

"Oh god I have to tell everyone, Liz is going to slap me if she doesn't hear the news from me.", Evie worried as she put the lasagna in the oven grabbing her phone. She dialed Liz' number asking her to come over. Right after she hung up she called Jake, knowing he'd be relived to hear those news. "Jake, how you are am I interrupting you?", she greeted with a smile she knew he couldn't see.

"Not at all. What's up with you?", he asked knowing she wouldn't just randomly call him.

"Tom asked me to move in with him."

Evie decided it was easiest to just drop the news.

"Wait when did you start dating? Why did no one tell me?", Jake yelled excitement laced in his voice.

"What? We are not dating. He asked me to move in with him because we both dislike living alone. Like roommates.", she explained furrowing her eyebrows in confusion. Why would Jake immediately assume they were dating?

"Oh well, at least he made a move in some way. I am really happy for you Evie, you know how much I worry about you and you'll be safe with Tom."

Evie didn't fully understand but she decided to ignore the first sentence.

"Thank you! I am really surprised but excited. I mean it's kinda crazy and maybe it will end disastrous but I'm willing to try it out."

"Have you told your parents?", he reminded her making her gasp. How could she forget?

"I need to call them right now. Sorry Jake, we'll talk tonight maybe? Love you.", with that she hurriedly ended the phone call and called her parents.

They were not as excited and on board with that idea as Jake had been, but maybe that was just because Tom was a boy and they haven't met him yet. Still they offered to drive over there and help her move, which Evie was extremely grateful for. They are going to love Tom's apartment and she was sure once they meet him all of their fears and worries will fly out the window. Tom is a man reeking of power, her parents will notice for sure.

She told Tom about her parents' plans, which luckily he had no problem with. "Evie from now on this will be your home just as much as it will be mine. You can have all the guests over you like you don't need to ask for permission every time.", he grinned at her while tugging a loose strand of her hair behind her ear making her cheeks heat up.

Harrison just left to buzz Liz in because he wanted to get her all excited about the big news knowing she would freak out.

"Can we get together after dinner and really talk about this and plan our further steps?", Evie asked wanting to do this thing the right way because she actually wanted this to work out perfectly. Tom agreed to her request happy she was taking his offer so seriously.

"Spill the beans! I will burst out of anticipation if you leave me waiting a second longer!", Liz sighed dramatically shaking Evie's shoulders as she entered followed by Haz.

"Tom asked me to move in with him and I agreed.", Evie beamed at her new friend. Her reaction was freakishly similar to Haz' from earlier. Her jaw dropped to the floor, eyes wide and speechless. "You what?", she suddenly exclaimed looking at Tom in disbelief.

"I asked her to move in with me.", he explained again chuckling at her excitement. He was getting more and more pumped up about this because of all their friends' support. "You're so goddamn lucky! I am so happy for you two. Finally you've manned up and told her.", she grinned at her boss disregarding the little voice in her head saying she shouldn't speak to him like that. "Told her what?", Tom asked confused tilting his head to the side.

"He didn't tell her anything. They are moving in together as roommates.", Haz jumped right in and explained not wanting to make the conversation go there. Liz understood and rolled her eyes at the pair in front of her. "You guys will be the death of me.", she mumbled under her breath sitting down at the table to finally eat the lasagna.

Both Evie and Tom weren't really happy with all of their friends assuming they were getting into something serious like a relationship just because they were moving in together. It was obviously not meant as a step further in their relationship but just to make both their lives more convenient and enjoyable.

Dinner was filled with eager plans and daydreams of the near future, when Tom and Evie would be living together. Haz was excited about being able to hang out more with Evie and spend more time as a group. Liz was mostly thrilled she'd be able to spend more time in Tom's fancy place. Evie was the happiest of them all though, she couldn't even begin to explain how relived she felt, knowing she won't be lonely anymore, feeling more at home than what she's felt in her apartment since moving. She trusts Tom and she knows he'll be there for her in case anything happens like another panic attack for instance. Evie knew she moved out and was able to do things herself being an independent adult, yet she couldn't deny she was relieved she wouldn't have to take up that role anymore. She can share her responsibilities with Tom from now on, knowing him he'll know how to handle things when she wouldn't.

Tom felt the same. He was thrilled he wouldn't have to go home after work to find an empty apartment anymore. Another big plus was that he wouldn't have to worry about Evie constantly anymore, he will know she'd be safe with him from now on.

After their friends left the pair was washing the dishes trying to plan out Evie's big move.

"My parent's are coming over on Saturdays, I am sure we will be able to move all of my things in half a day, I just need to start packing them up until then. I need to know what kind of furniture I will have to bring and what to buy, though.", Evie mentioned making Tom nod.

"I'd say we'll go shopping for some wall color tomorrow and paint the room until evening, so that it can dry over night. We can also pop into some furniture stores while we are at it. I think you won't need much just a bed and some decorations."

"You're right I can take the rest from my apartment. I need to call my landlord too.", she remembered grabbing her phone off the counter. Luckily her landlord was cool with it, since he was hoping one of his flats would be free soon because he wanted his own daughter to move in there, so everything worked out perfectly.

"Will you help me pack?", she asked Tom sweetly while putting away the now dry pan.

"I'd love to.", he grinned at her making a genuine smile appear on her face.

Since it was only Sunday they still have plenty of time before her parents would be coming to help her move her stuff. Both of them were really looking forward to the whole process though.

"Tommy what you said earlier about me not having to pay rent. I really don't want that.", she said as they put on their jackets on their way to Evie's place.

"How about I pay rent and you'll pitch in for the food shopping then?", he asked not wanting her to pay for anything at all yet he knew she wouldn't feel okay with that. "I mean that isn't coming anywhere close to what you are paying but I would be happy with that.", she agreed knowing he wouldn't budge anyways. "Good girl.", he said lowly making tingles erupt in her body and her cheeks heat up furiously. Coming from him those two words always left an unknown feeling inside her chest and Tom noticed, loving the effect he had on her. He noted to call her that more often whenever she did something to deserve it.

Because he wanted her to feel special around him more often. It was making him go crazy knowing he was affecting her and he wanted to see her reactions to him more often. Hopefully now that they'd be living together he'd get the chance to do little lings like that more often.

The two spent the evening packing up Evie's books, decorations, kitchen utensils and clothes. Leaving the things out she'd need throughout the week. It was weird seeing her apartment full of boxes again after living here for a couple of months, still Evie couldn't help but feel the excitement in her stomach grow every second.

This will be good, she was sure of it.