Chapter Thirty Six

When Evie woke up she was feeling a familiar and warm feeling again. Finally. She was still straddling Tom, laying on top of him like a little frog. From this position she smiled down at the sleeping boy. He looked so peaceful. His brown curls were all messed up on the pillow, looking incredibly soft. His pink lips were slightly pursed and his head was turned sideways so she was able to peak at his sharp jawline. God how she missed being able to look at him. He was a god.

She allowed herself to just stay like this and enjoy the view while being wrapped in his strong hold. It must have been uncomfortable for him to hold her all night. But that was not the case. For Tom, it felt like his most priced possession came back to him and he was not intending to let go again. Having her back was a second chance he didn't think he deserved but he was thankful.

When he slowly slipped out of his sleep and opened his dark brown eyes he was instantly met by hers. Seeing her already look at him with a smile on her beautiful face made a similar one appear on his own lips. An unknown tingly feeling was erupting in his chest as he saw her still straddling him, being wrapped in his arms. It was so good to have her back.

"I don't even want to get up today.", she whispered breaking the content silence smiling up at him. "Me neither but we need to feed you, baby.", he chuckled tightening his grip on her waist helping her to sit up, still straddling him.

There it was again "baby". She had missed his cute little nicknames for her dearly and she was basking in the feeling of being called them again. Her nose turned pink out of happiness and he noticed. He knew how much she liked being called nicknames and he was always ready to use them on her just to see that blush again.

"Come on I bet you are hungry.", he said rubbing circles on her tummy with his fingers making her giggle. Even though she was ticklish a very different feeling spread in her tummy. It was like that one time she was straddling him and he made her stop moving. But now wasn't the time so she hesitantly left the bed and brushed her teeth in order to start her day.

"Oh Tommy can we make waffles?", she asked running out of the bathroom excitedly. Tom watched her run up to him with a fluttering heart. She was finally back to being herself again, not playing a role.
"Of course we can princess, if you really want them.", his answer made her squeal and hug his waist tightly in gratefulness.

They prepared their breakfast and spent hours catching up just talking and laughing enjoying the other's company.

After that they decided to lay down on the couch and watch a movie together because both of them felt the need to be close again. Yesterday they somehow confessed their own feelings for the other but none of them acted on it, not feeling like it was necessary. Being back together was enough for now.

As Iron Man 3 was playing in the background Evie, who was curled up next to Tom suddenly lost interest in the television and looked at the pretty boy next to her instead. He was very concentrated on the movie, his jaw line sharp, eyes dark and curls messy. He looked so good, he could have been straight out of a magazine. Evie didn't even notice she was staring at him trying to remember every inch of him. He looked so powerful and strong and yet so soft because of the disheveled hair. When he moved his arm to push back his hair she saw his biceps flex in his tight grey T-shirt and it made her stop breathing. He was really hot.

Involuntarily her eyes found their own way to his rosy lips. Right that second Tom decided to lick his bottom lip making shivers run down Evie's back. It was torture.

Suddenly she felt the urge to be closer to him. It was as if a force was pushing her towards him that's why she suddenly got up and crawled towards him. He looked at her with a confused smile as she was in front of him, not sure what it is that she wanted him to do. Him not opening up his arms for her made a desperate whine leave her pouted lips. Tom immediately complied and opened his arms letting her take a seat on his lap facing Tom. She buried her face in his neck as he wrapped his arms around her small waist playing with the ends of her hair.