Chapter Forty

"I want you to meet my brothers today.", Tom announced at the breakfast table making Evie choke on her tea.

"Today? And you couldn't have told me before so I could prepare?", she scolded looking at him with frightened eyes. "Relax, you don't need to prepare yourself for anything. My brothers are a bunch of chaotic twats.", he grinned.

He remembered how nervous he was when he met her parents and secretly he loves that she is suffering too. Even though he would die in order to keep her safe.

"Don't call them that. I bet they are lovely! So when are they coming then? Oh and are they bringing Tessa?", she asked suddenly forgetting about her nervousness. "I'll text them about Tess. They said they'll be here around noon.", Tom said nonchalantly sipping his tea. "Tom that's in half an hour!", Evie shrieked with widened eyes. "And?"

"I am in my Pyjamas! And you have a hickey right here.", she rambled pointing at his neck, where in fact a purple mark was poking out from under his shirt. "Oh god they will totally think we had sex. They will know it was me.", she worried. "Evie, baby relax. They are just my brothers. Sam and Harry have been doing it with their fare share of girls. I have even wingmaned for them.", Tom tried to calm her down before she'd get a panic attack from working herself up over nothing. "Please just breathe. Get ready I'll clean up the table.", he said reaching out to give her hands a reassuring squeeze.

"Oh I really like you.", she sighed thankful pecking his forehead on her way out the door. She put on some jeans and a tight shirt since she didn't think they would be doing anything special today anyways. The doorbell was already ringing as she was brushing out her hair.

Here it goes.

Taking a small breath to try and calm her nerves she opened her door and walked into the hallway where boyish chatter was already going on. "Hey guys.", she greeted shyly a little taken aback by the height of the twins. She knew his brothers weren't really young anymore but in all of Tom's story they were just teens and Paddy was just a child. These are grown boys!

Tom reached for her and pulled her into him a little. "Divs, I'd like you to meet my girlfriend Evie. Evie these are Harry, Sam and Paddy.", he said pointing to each of them. They greeted each other with a genuine smile taking in  the others appearance. Evie noticed their resemblance to Tom immediately and she was feeling much less nervous now. "It's nice to meet you boys oh and you brought Tess!", she exclaimed bending down to greet her favorite Holland.

"So what exactly did you plan on doing today?", she asked Tom as they were all settling on the couch in the living room. "I actually wanted to take them swimming for a while at the pool here.", Tom mentioned admiring Evie from his place next to her. "Wait we have a pool in this house?", she shrieked. "How did you never tell me?", she exclaimed playfully hitting his chest making him chuckle. "Alright, I'll change again then.", she said shaking his head at her secretive boyfriend to go change into her swimsuit.

"She sure is a peng ting.", Harry said as soon as she closed the door. "Shut up. Don't call her that. But yeah I know.", Tom grinned like a boy. "I see you two are having fun too.", Sam laughed pointing at Tom's neck. "None of your business though.", Tom smirked throwing a pillow at his brother. "Now let me go change as well. You know where the pool is just take Evie with you", Tom said as he got up feeling content with having his brothers here.

Soon after he left Evie came out in a dress that could easily be changed out of with her bikini under it. "Tom said we didn't have to wait for him.", Paddy said as she nodded and put Tess on her leash. "So how do you know Tom?", Sam asked trying to make conversation. "We actually met at work. I know scandalous, he is kinda my boss. But it was nothing like it is in Fifty Shades, I promise.", she laughed linking her pinky with Harry to show her sincerity. "I bet, Tom's not man enough.", Paddy mentioned making them laugh. Oh boy if only they knew. Truth being told-Evie herself didn't know half of it yet.