Chapter 1 A Whole New Universe

Tony's Pov:

Tony's Pov:

I'm the only one left...Oh god, Peter...Peter shouldn't have been here. Why? Why couldn't it be me instead?! Why did Strange do it? Something about it being the only way. I'm going to die here alone surrounded by the ashes of my teammates. I should have done something...I should have somehow found a way to save everyone. I closed my eyes just finally giving up. Finally giving in...

"Sir it's May 18th, 2009, You are safe." I shot up...Was that?

"Jarvis?" I asked.

"Yes, sir?" Jarvis asked. That's impossible Jarvis was gone.

"What did you say?" I asked.

"It's May 18th, 2009 sir, are you alright? Would you like me to call Miss Potts?" Jarvis asked.

"No, I'm good," I said and got up. I dressed quickly wondering what in the fuck was going on? I was in the tower and I noticed the destruction of the building.

"Good morning, Tony." I jumped and looked at Bruce as he sipped some tea. Bruce!? What's he doing here?

"Dammit, Thor!" I heard Barton holler and followed the voice to the kitchen. Thor was staring at a destroyed toaster that was over flowing with pop tarts and he looked like he did back when we first met. Barton looked annoyed but he looked younger and like when we first met as well.

"Guy's quiet down, you know Bucky isn't used to yelling," Steve said and my eyes widened. Barnes was watching them looking slightly amused as Steve hovered over him like a mother...What the fuck is going on?

"Hey Tony, you alright?" I stared at Natasha.

"He looks like he's seen a ghost," Steve said looking concerned. Nope! This is not happening!

"Stark?" Barnes asked now looking at me.

"This...This isn't real." I said and they all looked confused.

"Uh..." Barton said.

"Maybe he hit his head harder than we thought," Barnes said as Bruce walked in.

"What's going on?" Bruce asked as my breath started to pick up. No, this isn't real...It can't be. Thor can't be here, I shouldn't be here.

"Tony?" Steve asked suddenly closer to me acting like I was a scared animal.

"Dude, you alright?" Barton asked.

"Careful Steve. He looks scared shitless." Barnes said. I turn and ran to the elevator hearing hollering behind me. I pushed the button and tried to calm my breathing as the elevator took me to the lab.

"Jay?" I asked.

"Sir?" Jarvis asked.

"Were they really there?" I asked.