Chapter 7 Loki's Surprise

Stephen's Pov:

"Where's Anthony?" I asked my heart in my throat and I felt the cloak tightening its hold on my shoulders.

"GalaxyBucks," Sam said in my ear.

"He's hurt...Get Banner to us now," Steve said and Banner walked over to me with...Anthony's heart in his hands. I opened a portal hoping it was the right GalaxyBucks because there was like 60 of them. Who needs that many coffee shops? I grabbed Bruce and pulled him through. Loud sounds of explosions and what sounded like lasers rang out. The building was destroyed and half of it seemed to be missing that's when I saw the glint of what was left of the ironman armor.

"Over here," Steve said and Bruce rushed over and I followed. I felt everything just seem to shatter as I looked at Anthony. Blood from a wound on his head had covered his eye and was dripping from his chin as he sat hunched over. His eyes closed and a piece of what looked like Ironman armor seemed to be stuck in his side. One leg still had the armor on but it looked so damaged it was probably causing bruises. Anthony's reactor was flickering and when Bruce pulled up his shirt there was a huge gash that ran from his hip up to his shoulder...The reactor that was in him was only being held together by its foundation. I saw Bruce looking horrified at it and his hands were shaking. Bruce reached out and Anthony's eye shot open grabbing his hand.

"Fuck." Anthony groaned from the quick movement and looked at Bruce.

"I got to change the reactor," Bruce said and Anthony looked confused like he didn't know it was there. He looked down and grew very pale and his body seemed to tilt backward. The cloak got to him quickly steadying his back and he spat some blood up.

"Knock...yourself out...Bruciebear." Anthony said and I moved toward him causing him to look at me.

"I'll be quick," Bruce said. I sat behind Anthony and heard an explosion overhead.

"I have to get back...Do you two got this?" Steve asked and I nodded. Steve looked at Anthony one last time before racing off.

"Hey Magic man," Anthony said smiling his bloody teeth at me making my heart clench.

"Just hang on, Anthony," I said and he jerked suddenly cursing as Bruce removed the arc reactor. Anthony's jaw clenched and he closed his eyes tightly. I ran my hand through his hair hoping it would offer some comfort. He cried out in pain when Bruce locked the new reactor in. He was crying and clenching his jaw as he tried to breathe through the pain.

"Let's get him to the medbay." Bruce said and I let him stay with Anthony as I opened a portal nearby. I walked back over and frowned.

"What's wrong Dumbledore?" Anthony asked breathing heavily.

"I have to pick you up," I said and I saw Bruce get up and head through the portal probably getting everything ready.

"I can handle it," Anthony said and I tried to be as gentle as I could but the whimpers he made crushed me and his eyes were showing how exhausted he was. I walked through the portal and laid him down as gently as I could before backing away the cloak came back to me and squeezed my shoulders as Bruce went to work. Anthony lost conciseness at some point making me worry even more.

Tony's Pov:

"How is he?" I heard Steve ask as I was slowly waking up.

"Stable." I heard Stephen say.

"Did everything go ok?" Bruce asked to the left of me and pretty close.

"Some injuries but they are being taken care of," Steve said.

"I want someone to tell me what exactly happened," Stephen said.

"One of those bots grabbed Tony and self-destructed," Bruce said.