Chapter 25: Welcome Back

Mariana POV

My eyes open slowly adjusting to the morning sunlight. Once I adjust, I lean up and look around, noticing im in my room. I look down and im tucked into the bed. I crawl out of bed and I can tell I regained energy. I go to the mirror in my bathroom, and my hair is in a messy bun and I have on a clean white shirt. I lift my shirt to see my cut bandaged up and the bruises on my face are fading away.

I brush my teeth and take a cold shower, and change my clothes. I put my hair up in its signature low ponytail with hair in the front. I walk out of my room looking around. I see the usual sight of busy people pacing to get their jobs done.

I grin lightly when someone says "Welcome back." I go into the elevator and get to the first floor and I bump into someone, I stumble back harshly, I don't realize who it is at first until I hear the voice "Oh shit, im sorry." Claudia says.

She helps me up and embraces me in a hug, I hug back, she cups my face "Are you okay? What'd he do to you?" She starts rambling, I nod that im fine and she says she has to go out really quick. Throughout the morning, I do reunions with close friends like Zoe and Kehlani. But I haven't seen Billie yet.

Maybe she was working or something. We still have to talk about Natalie. Maybe she's in her office, I walk to the office and open it to see her writing something down. She doesn't notice me. I close the door abruptly and she cocks her gun in a reflex.

She looks at me and sighs "You're awake." I nod and she asks "Are you mad at me?" I furrow my brows "Why was Natalie in your room, Billie?"

"Do we have to talk about this?" She puts her legs on the table.

"If you want me as your girlfriend still!" She sighs

"We didn't do anything after you left she came in with just a towel and she dropped the towel, and I looked away, but she was just in her underwear and bra. I told her to leave, then you came in." I feel stupid now, I didn't let her explain at all and just assumed.

"Im sorry I didn't let you explain."

"Im sorry I let him do that to you." She gets up from her seat and I say "At least you came."

She hugs me and kisses me forehead a million times. "I love you," she says and I say "I love you too." She grabs my hand and I tug her shirt. She looks over "Yeah mamas?" She asks I say "Dont you think us holding hands will kind of give away the fact that we're dating?"

"So?" She says

"You don't anyone to know though."

"I don't care anymore. I want people to know you're mine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I need people to know. Now come on." She tugs me and pulls me out of the room with her. We walk into the living room, I hear someone say, "Dude. There's this new game called Mafia Stores, it's so dope." Mafia. It brings me back into my senses, she didn't tell me that she was about to lead one of the largest Mafia's in the US.

"Billie?" She doesn't hear me. "Billie." She still doesn't hear. "BILLIE!" She spins quickly, "Are you okay?" I nod and I pull her into her office locking the door. "When were you gonna tell me that you're about to lead leave New York Mafia?"

Her eyes widen "Damn. Columbo told you. We can't talk about this." She goes to the door. I block it "Mariana, I'm serious, we're not talking about this."

"Yes, we are."

"Bro, get out of the way."

"No, we're talking about this now."

"Fine! Damn!"

"Explain."

"When I turn 18, I will be the leader of the New York Mafia if Columbo doesn't kill me first. If I become the leader, I will own all banks, clubs, buildings and also have control over the NYPD (New York Police Department) in New York. Happy?"

"Billie, can you do all of that, it's the Mafia. Crime after Crime. Think."

"Think? Think about what? I was born into a crime world and I will die out of a crime world, this is my destiny, I'm making my family happy if I do this. This needs to happen, I already deal with 200 people here."

"I know that but New York isn't just 200 people, it's almost freaking 20 million people Billie."

"Mari, trust me I got this. I'm respected and soon you'll be too. Please, you have too." I sigh.

"Fine, I trust you. Just don't get yourself hurt. Speaking of hurt, how the hell did that bullet not go through you."

"Oh, I was wearing bulletproof gear, you really think I'm stupid enough to let someone shoot me like that?"

I murmur under my breath "Yes." She lifts her head up. "I heard that." I laugh and she glares at me. I walkout cracking up. I bump into Natalie, she says "Oh, it's you..." With a nasty face on.

"Fix that face," I say,

"Shu-" Natalie gets cut off with Claudia saying "Say it, and I cut your tongue off." I try not to laugh and I walk away and I link arms with her.

I felt like everything was back to normal.