Chapter 52: Few Months

Mariana POV

It's been a few months now. Mafia life isnt the easiest life. Emilia just turned 4 last week. Kehlani and Shaina got married and had a daughter named Adeya Parrish Negrón. Claudia and Finneas renewed their vows after giving birth to a beautiful son named Xander Gambino. Ariana and Zoe also got married and Ari gave birth to a baby girl named Elana Donahoe.

So right now, the house is filled with babies at the moment and over the course of a few months, I'm starting to notice that Billie is acting stranger than usual. Sometimes she literally zones out, her eyes widen more. She would wake up during the middle of the night aiming a gun at nothing.

I asked Billie once if there was something going on? She just dismissed the question and said she was fine. It was night and everyone is going to bed and I just got Emilia to fall asleep in her new bed.

I go to enter my room and realize that Billie is in there with someone "I cant remember what happened anymore, it's like the dreams disappeared." I hear Billie say. I stop and start to eavesdrop.

"What do you mean the dreams stop?" Another voice says and the voice is Zoe.

"When I try to think about.. You know the incident. All I see is black and im not having dreams about it anymore." I furrow my brows. What incident? Maybe this is the reason why she's been acting weird.

"Billie. What if someone doesnt want you to remember? What if they took your memories of that day. I mean it's possible, there's new technology." Zoe says.

"But who wouldn't want me to remember?"

"Thats what we have to find out."
——————————————————————————
I rush into the office closing the door lightly. Everyone including Billie and Zoe is asleep now. I look into files and go to the B section. Beyonce, Bella Hadid, Britney Spears, Blake Shelton, Blake Lively. Billie Gambino.

Now why would Billie have a file of herself? She doesnt, her parents made a file on her, they told me because it would help just in case something happened her. I put the big file on the table opening it.

There are about 20 pages in the file, each page represents an age and something major that happened at that age. I look through and I arrive at 20.

Billie Gambino
Age: 20
Major Event: Yet To Be Decided

I put that to the side and I read all the papers from 20 and down to see all major events. I get to 9 and proceed to read.

Billie Gambino
Age: 9
Major Event: Murdered 9 People

I widen my eyes at the paper, she what?  There is no way she could've murdered 9 people at just 9 years old. I squint at tiny writing on the bottom of the paper. It say Video. File 67 on Computer.

I shut the file and put it back in the drawers. I get onto the computer putting in the login password. Once I put it in, I go to the files tab and search up the number 67. One file comes up, I attempt to press it embracing what im about to see.

Before I could press it, my phone pings. I look down to see Billie has texted me.

Bils
Where are you mamas? I can't sleep.

Mari
Needed the bathroom, on my way

Bils
We have a bathroom in our room though?

Mari
I just wanted the walk, you know

Bils
Okay?
Just come up, I need cuddles

Mari
On my way

I sigh and shut off the computer and I go back into the room where Billie is staring at the moon out of the window. I see the moonlight shine on her face and her ocean eyes twinkle. She seems so sad, so dead inside. This video has to have something to do with her acting this way.

I look at her uncovered arms admiring the recents tattoos she had gotten. She already had my name tatted on. 𝓜𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓪𝓷𝓪. Now she Emilia's name, 𝓔𝓶𝓲𝓵𝓲𝓪. An umbrella ☂. The last is double stars ☆☆. She still hasn't noticed me and I shut the door a little and she gasp reaching for her gun.

"Billie it's me." I say quickly and she looks over and calms down and I hear her let out a sigh. I sit in the bed near her and she puts her head on my shoulder. "Baby, there's something going on with you. What is it?" I ask.

She says "Its nothing, just a little jumpy these past few days. I'm fine." She gets under the blankets and I do the same. I lift her arms and wrap them around me forcing her to be the big spoon in the cuddle. Her breathing steadies and light snores come out of her mouth. I close my eyes and start to doze off, but I cant help but wonder what would I have seen in that video?
============================

Hey guys. This is shorter than usual but as you see. Things for Billie isnt looking too well right now. Dont forget to add me on Snapchat for sneak peaks amd updates on this book and the sequel. Search whoamithough1