Chapter 1

(I'll start by saying the pic above is our Main character as an adult, ok? Ok.)

It was a normal day in MireClan, birds were chirping their songs and the sounds of crickets echoed. Kits pelts stirred under their mothers, as sun entered the nursery, and cries of annoyance filled the nursery.

A gray kitten popped her head up, eyes glaring, and looking at the light. Three more heads followed, SilkKit, HoneyKit, GrayKit and DawnKit all glared for a few seconds before shaking their heads and doing their morning stretches. The gray she-cats eyes widened, remembering today was their ceremony! They would finally be apprentices! GrayKit felt her heart flutter, a squeak of excitement burst out, before she ran out of the nursery to find ReesPool.

ReedPool had been spending more time in her den, now that FlaxPaw was gone, she had fallen into the river at CloudClan last moon while trying to get into the star pool, and she was no match for the rapids and roaring waves when the water was at its highest. GrayKit has made it her job to cheer up the old medicine cat! She wanted her to be happy a again but the only way she could think of was to get FlaxPaw back or get her a new apprentice, but GrayKit couldn't revive FlaxPaw and she wanted to be a warrior, with her siblings.

Her gray pelt scurried into the medicine den, rushing towards the red tabby in her nest. "ReedPool!" She cried. Alarm lit in ReedPools eyes and she burst up. "Is everything ok?" She questioned. GrayKit nodded and giggled slightly realizing she had startled the old she-cat. "I'm becoming an apprentice today! Are you going to make it? I want you to come!" She mewed. ReedPool just nodded and smiled. "I wouldn't miss it! You and your litter mates are like my own." She mewed. GrayKit smiled as big as she could but then it faded. "I'll be back ReedPool! Don't worry" She meowed, rushing off before ReedPool could say a thing. Her gray tabby pelt rushes under a bush, hiding inside and staying quiet as she was in thought. "ReedPool really needs an apprentice, she's getting scrawny with FlaxPaw gone, I don't think she's been eating much." She thought out loud.

GrayKits eyes lit up. "I..I could." She shook her head. 'I want to be a warrior and make EchoBranch proud! I could make AppleCloud proud too!' She thought. But she knew without an apprentice ReedPool wouldn't get better, she was getting older and older, and they needed a medicine cat soon. GrayKit squeaked and ran towards the nursery in a fit. "I'm sorry EchoBranch! I really am! I wanted to make you proud but..bu-" EchoBranch soothed the kit. "GrayKit what's going on? What do you mean you wanted to make me proud?" She asked seriously.

"I think I have to be a medicine cat apprentice! I really wanted to be a warrior and make you proud but...but ReedPool needs an apprentice! FlaxPaw is gone." She mewed, looking at her paws. "GrayKit.." EchoBranch started. "No! You don't need to finish...I know it was a stupid idea." EchoBranch licked behind her ear. "No that's not what I was going to say. I think if you want to be a medicine cat then you should do that! But you don't need to feel the responsibility to take care or ReedPool, she's smart! She knows what's right, she's just a little sad right now. There are other kits that can take FlaxPaws place. She'll find a new apprentice. I'll always be proud of you GrayKit, even if you're a medicine cat. I think you should do what you need to and if being a medicine Cat is what you want, then do it." EchoBranch ended with a purr. GrayKit looked up. "T-thank you EchoBranch!" She mewed happily. The gray tabby rushed out as EchoBranch nodded. GrayKit ran back towards ReedPool's den, smiling widely. "ReedPool! Reedpool! I want to talk to you!" She cheered.
"What is it GrayKit?" ReedPool mewed. "Medicine cat! I-i want to be a medicine cat!" She breathed.

ReedPool seemed shocked. "I-if you're ready for a new apprentice, that is." She mewed quieter. "Of course I am! I'd love to have you as an apprentice GrayKit!" She practically shouted out of excitement. She cleared her throat and nodded. "It would be an honor to have you as my apprentice." Purred ReedPool. GrayKit giggled. "I'll talk to StoneStar about it, but that means..." ReedPool carried off. "ReedPool?" GrayKit asked curiously. ReedPool shook her head. "I-it just means that we would have to cross the river to go to the star pool, but we should be able to get there before high tide." ReedPool continued. GrayKit nodded sympathetically.

GrayKit watches from a distance with EchoBranch and ReedPool by her sides as the last of her litter mates her apprenticed. SilkPaw was apprenticed to DewClaw, HoneyPaw was apprenticed to YewLeaf, and DawnPaw was apprenticed to CloudMist. GrayKit was filled with sadness, seeing she hadn't gotten to join her litter mates, but cheered up when ReedPool nudged her and whispered that they would be going to get her apprentice name later tonight, and how the medicine cats from the other clans would be there to meet her.
GrayKit looked to EchoBranch and got a proud nod, while her kin touched noses with their new mentors.

Thats the first chapter! Hope ya liked it! I'll try to update as much as I can but idk.
Words this chapter; 933