Chapter 3

Ok ngl this is kinda boring so imma try to spice things up lol. Also I didn't know the words for the ceremony so I made it up, actually I think I made up the whole medicine cat apprentices get a special ceremony, wait no, I know I did lol.

GrayKit was shaking, she sat bellow a large stone holding all of the rest of the cats, facing towards the star pool with her paws just touching the water. "GrayKit!" Shouted ReedPool. "Y-Yes?" She answered. "Do you promise to starclan that you'll abide by its rules, that you'll trust your life in starclans paws?" She asked calmly but coldly. "I-I do!" She cleared her throat. "I do." She said more confidently. "Then let starclan light your pathway, and let you be renamed 'GrayPaw'!" ReedPool finished. "GrayPaw GrayPaw GrayPaw!" Chanted the cats sitting with ReedPool. the red tabby jumped down to GrayPaw as GrayPaw faces her and they touched noses. "Congratulations GrayPaw." ReedPool soothed. "I can't wait to teach you everything I know." She purred. "Thank you ReedPool." She squeaked.

The cats were starting to head out, ReedPool at GrayPaw's side. BarkPelt looked back to the two. "I'll see ya next meetin you two!" He shouted before heading out with CherryNose. "Are you ready to head home?" ReedPool asked. "Yeah! Whenever y-you are." She mewed.
"Let's go." Chuckled ReedPool. The red she-cat lead the way out and they padded, GrayPaws paws grew tired and she looked to ReedPool for guidance. "We're almost back, just need to cross the river." ReedPool mewed.
GrayPaw looked to the water, it was murky, and now waves lapped at ReedPool and GrayPaws paws. "How will we cross?" GrayPaw asked. "The stones! Just be careful, they might be slippery, and no matter what don't fall in, it's high tide." ReedPool practically shouted. GrayPaw nodded, as ReedPool lead the way. The red she-cats pelt was easy to spot, making it easy for GrayPaw to follow as she kept across the stones. As GrayPaw was following after her paw slipped, and she wrapped around the rock, clinging on for life, thankfully she didn't fall in and she gained her balance again. "Be careful!" ReedPool yowled, GrayPaw nodded and ReedPool continued.

That's when GrayPaws paw slipped as she was about to jump to the next rock. She shouted before falling in but ReedPool must have not heard her, because she still continued on! GrayPaw panicked as she was swept away, losing air fast. She couldn't see ReedPools red pelt anymore! She had been swept so far away she thought there was no chance She would be saved. She closed her eyes and tried swimming upwards, kicking a large rock onto her own tail.
GrayPaw screeched in pain, only causing her to loose more air. She looked to the moon lit sky from her watery grave, giving up from being so tired. But as she did she heard three loud splashes, and the rock was removed from her tail. Someone had grabbed her scruff while another pushed her from behind.

GrayPaw gasped for air when they reached the surface and a cat dragged her on to land, she laid there, tired and a muddy mess. Her coat was covered with mud from the shore and grass that had gotten stuck to it. The cat that saved her panted beside her and then two other cats were heard struggling out of the lake. GrayPaw closed her eyes and listened to the sounds of the river, crickets chirping, when she heard paw steps come towards her and the mysterious cat. "Is she ok?" She heard a she-cat ask. "Do I look like a medicine cat to you? I don't know." A rough voice snapped back. "All I know is that we just risked our lives for a cat we've never meet before, and could already dead."
"She's not dead! She's breathing." A new voice chimed in. "We should find BarkPelt and get her back to camp." The female voice stated. 'BarkPelt? That was ReedPools friend! Are- are they going to bring me to there camp?' She thought to herself. "Someone see if she'll woke up or is she needs to be carried." The low voice meowed.

GrayPaw felt a nudge on her side and her brows furrowed, before she felt a jab. She opened her eyes slowly and looked to see a white pelt. "She's up!" The cat shouted back to the others. "Help her get off the floor!" The she-cat whined. The white tom groaned and helped heave GrayPaw onto her feet. She swayed slightly before coughing up water. "I'll stay by her side and make she doesn't topple over." A gray tom stated. "You and CloudPaw find BarkPelt, we'll wait here." He meowed. The brown she-cat nodded and signaled the white tom that GrayPaw assumed was CloudPaw to follow, he gave her one more look before leaving.

"How did you end up there anyway?" The gray tom asked. "I was coming back from the star pool with my mentor and when we had to cross I fell in." She sputtered out. He nodded. "Well you're mentor is long gone now, probably to get you help. We'll have to send you back in the morning, I assume you're to weak to make it across." He finished. "But ReedPool will-"
"ReedPool? The MireClan medicine cat?" The tom asked. "Y-yes."
He looked at GrayPaw sympathetically. "You must have given her a horrible fright, she's already lost one apprentice to these waters, she can't lose another, she can't afford that much grief right now." He mewed.

GrayPaw nodded. "I'm sorry..I-I fell in. I was just so tired from the traveling." She mewed. "It's not your fault, any young cat like you would have trouble with that." He stated. GrayPaws face heated up as they sat in awkward silence for a while.
"Ermm...what's your name? I've never met you before." She asked, trying to brighten the mood. "I'm StonePelt, that brown she-cat you saw was RiverShade and the white tom was CloudPaw." He mewed. "I'm GrayPaw." She greeted.

Yeet, another one down. In the next chapter idk what imma do but it'll be something.
Word count; 1044