Chapter 6

Ok just a reminder, this takes place after her litter mates are made warriors! Names are;
SilkFur
DawnWind
HoneyWillow
Now back to the story!

It had been a while and all of the predictions about GrayPaws injury had been right, it had scarred over and was now a mark on her face. She didn't mind it, it was a lesson to the rest of her clan, that the river was dangerous. GrayPaw thought it would be a good story to tell kits one day. SilkFur has thought it made her look tough and cool and DawnWind and HoneyWillow that that scar made her even more beautiful. ReedPool felt bad about the whole thing but GrayPaw reassured her it was nothing.

GrayPaw grew more and more worried though. It was getting close to leaf-bare which meant a lot of things. "The River would be frozen, prey would be less common, snakes would be gone, but pelts would show easier in the snow to things like hawks. And the one thing GrayPaw regretted the most was coming, green cough. Cats would get sick and GrayPaw feared that kits wouldn't make it. Or worse, ReedPool wouldn't make it. She was getting older and older, she wasn't young or spry like she use to be and she knew it. MumbleWhisker is her sister for starclans sake, she's the second oldest cat MireClan had. MumbleWhisker has already been coming down with green cough symptoms and all GrayPaw could do is give her more and more herbs. And PoppyTail was due to have kits any moment.

GrayPaw sighed, restocking the herbs they would need for leaf-bare. Her tabby pelt stuck out, like a star bright in the dark night sky. DawnWind always suggested that she cover herself with long grass or leaves, which GrayPaw thought was a silly idea. DawnWind had been even more concerned now that the first attack happened. A large eagle has swooped down and taken CrowGaze (Paw) right off his feet and flew off with the poor tom. And the same Eagle had tried to take StormPelt (Paw) too! But he bit at its legs until it let go and dropped him in a snow bank. Now he's been left with large scars trailing up and down his sides and no brother. TigerDawn (Paw) has tried her best to track the bird but couldn't do it, which scares everyone, sense she was one of the best trackers in the clan.

GrayPaw shook her head and went back to reality. 'That bird won't do a thing.' She padded out of her den to see DawnWind pacing back and forth. "GrayPaw! There you are! I want to speak with you." DawnWind mewed. "Ok." She shrugged. "Join me for a walk?" The pale tabby padded out of camp, signaling GrayPaw to follow. The gray she-cat followed and rolled her eyes in amusement. "What is it you need?" "I just wanted to talk." DawnWind mewed. "We use to do this everyday when we younger." She smiled. GrayPaw snorted, nice try but I know you had something to say or ask." GrayPaw joked. DawnWind giggles. "well I've changed my ways, just us catching up I promise."

GrayPaw continued to follow. A dove flew over head, a few feathers falling to the floor. DawnWind grabbed one with her mouth and placed it behind GrayPaws ear. "you look so pretty with that." DawnWind cooed like a mother. "EchoBranch would love to see you wearing that." DawnWind snorted. GrayPaw laughed along. DawnWind sighed. "G-GrayPaw, I thought I should let you know, the rest already do...but I thought you would abandon me if I told you." DawnWind squeaked out. "What is it?" "GrayPaw...I'm..im Expecting..." GrayPaw looked shocked. "Who's?" She asked trying to stay calm. "F-foxChaser?" She mewed. "Haven't you two only been talking for a few moons?!" "Yeah but he really cares for me! And we wants to start a family with me! He said so!" (If you didn't get it yet DawnWind isn't the brightest and rushes into a lot of things) GrayPaw sighed. "I'm not mad." She mewed. "Just concerned, it's lead-bare and you're having these kits now? I won't stop you from starting a family with him but-" "I know it's not the best time but that's not something I considered." GrayPaw smiled and wrapped her tail around DawnWind. "I'll be by your side the whole time DawnWind." She purred. DawnWind purred then shivered. "Its getting cold, let's head back." She mewed. GrayPaw nodded. DawnWind stayed close to GrayPaws side as they headed in. "I want you moved into the nursery by tomorrow though! No hunting or training with those kits on their way." GrayPaw lectured. "so you told her?" SilkFur bounded to the two she-cats. "Yep." DawnWind sighed.

A yowl came from the nursery. 'PoppyTail.' GrayPaw thought. "Speaking is kits, you should go check up on that." SilkFur mrowed. GrayPaw nodded and rushed to the nursery.

Sorry for the shorter chapter, in class! Well anyways yeah idk, that was a little rushed but I wanted DawnWind to have kits soon and I forgot while I was writing this that PoppyTail's probably would have come already, crap. Oh and CherryKit and DappleKit are apprentices now. SilkFur mentors CherryPaw and PokeweedClaw mentors DapplePaw. Also I haven't shown it yet but let's just say, CherryPaw is good friends with GrayPaw.
Word count; 903