Chapter 5

Cats above are GrayPaw and BarkPelt
Ok Imma add real quick, if u want to interact with me or just look at more of my art, follow me on the warriors amino! My name is 🥔•MushyClawz•🥔

GrayPaws pelt was hit by a cold wind, making her shiver. 'We never had winds like this in MireClan. What makes today more different?' She asked herself. As she shivered a warm pelt laid by her side, curling close. 'DawnPaw?' She asked herself. When the two had been kits they had curled together in a tight ball, pelts practically merged together. They had been close sense birth. GrayPaw groaned and opened her eyes to see an unfamiliar den. "Where am I..." she muttered. "In CloudClan, you remember last night. Don't you?" Asked the brown pelt next to her. She was startled by the voice but realized it was RiverShade, one of the cats that had helped her last night. The memories flooded into her head, she panicked, ReedPool must be worried sick! "I-I have to get back." She stuttered out. "Don't worry, we're sending a patrol to get you back to camp soon." She cooed. "How's you're nose? That was quite a deep cut....it..it might even scar." RiverShade muttered.

"I'll be fine RiverShade." She mewed. "Let's just hurry. Is StonePelt coming with?"
"No actually." RiverShade looked saddened. "What's wrong with him? Is he ok?" GrayPaw asked, concern in her voice. "Oh he's fine!" She finished. "It's just that last night StrikeShade decided to retire. StonePelt was made deputy in his place." RiverShade purred. "Instead you'll be with a patrol with me, RippleHeart, CherryNose, and BlackJaw." She stood up. "If you're ready to go now, I can get them." RiverShade meowed. "That would be nice, thank you." GrayPaw smiled. "Alright come on, I'll go grab them and you can wait in the clearing." RiverShade trotted off.

"She's still here?" "Why would AmberStar let her stay here?" "Have some manners, she's a medicine cat ." "Maybe she had to talk to CherryNose?"
Their words only made GrayPaw more annoyed. 'They treat me as if I'm a lost kit. Or a loner that had stolen prey right out of their mouths. I haven't bothered any of them.' She flattened her ears. She felt eyes burning on her pelt. "hey." A tom muttered. "It's alright, you'll be home soon enough." It was CloudPaw, he wrapped his long tail around her and smiled. "Then you can tell ReedPool your exciting adventure." GrayPaw giggled. "I guess that's true." She looked back to the cats and now they were either back to doing their own things or staring at CloudPaw like they had to her. "Thanks for distracting them." She mewed. "Apprentices have to stick together." He purred.

"Alright we're ready." RiverShade exited the warriors den with RippleHeart and BlackJaw, CherryNose dragging himself behind. "Let's get going." RiverShade smiled. "Oh, alright. I hope to see you again soon CloudPaw, and tell StonePelt the same." She smiled trotting off with the group.

As RiverShade and RippleHeart entered the river CherryNose looked at GrayPaw curiously. "You.." he sighed. "You don't want to cross the river...do you?" He asked, annoyance in his voice as if he was watching a kit.
"I..I can do, it I'll be fine." BlackJaw looked to the two and gave CherryNose a stare, that he seemed to understand. "Ugh, here, let's go the rock way. It's sunny and the rocks are dry." CherryNose mewed. BlackJaw nodded and finally spoke. "I'll trail behind GrayPaw, you can lead her across and I'll make sure she's safe."

GrayPaw watched CherryNose and smiled at BlackJaws kindness. "You're next." The. tom spoke. GrayPaw nodded and jumped onto the rock. Her balance was wobbly and she thought she was going to fall in but she managed to stay safe. "You have to go fast, if you spend to much time on one rock you'll loose the courage and speed you need for the others." BlackJaw meowed. She nodded and jumped again, barely making it to the next rock but scraping her way up. She remembered BlackJaws words and jumped again without a second though. CherryNose was already across and GrayPaw without thought jumped to land in desperation, She skidded was put to a stop when she ran into the medicine cats chest. "Ow."
"Nice job, work on the landing though." BlackJaw stares as he finished crossing.

The group continued on, but GrayPaw picked up the scent of newer patrol, only a few minutes old. They must have just passed by! "You all! Stop there!" GrayPaw heard, a ginger and cream pelt bounded over. "What is it LionClaw?" Asked a familiar voice. "CloudClan intruders!" A yellow tabby bounced out followed by a pale cream one. "We aren't intruders, we're bringing back what belongs to you." Hissed CherryNose. "You're lucky you're a medicine cat or I would have clawed your eyes out." LionClaw growled. "Enough!" RiverShade shouted. "Last night GrayPaw fell into the river, me and a patrol found her and saved her before it was to late." RiverShade finished, signaling to GrayPaw. She cane forward and charged at DawnPaw. "GrayPaw! ReedPool and EchoBranch were deviated! We thought you were gone!" DawnPaw licked her forehead like a mother would to a small kit. "I'm fine, really. Just a small scratch." GrayPaw mewed.

"Small scratch? GrayPaw have you seen that mark on your face! It's big! It's gonna leave a scar!" DawnPaw shouted. BlackJaw cleared his throat. "Now, we'll be returning to our clan, I assume you can take care of her. You can do that much, right?" He said looking at LionClaw. "Of course we can, what kind of stupid question is that?" Before BlackJaw could respond, RiverShade cut him off. "We'll be going now, safe travels GrayPaw." She smiled at the gray she-cat. "You too RiverShade!" She chirped. "Let's get you back to camp." DawnPaw mewed, rubbing on her sister and nudging her the direction. "EchoBranch and ReedPool aren't gonna let you leave camp for a few moons." LionClaw jokes. "I'm fine with that." Shuddered GrayPaw. As they approached camp, her heart sunk. I'm CloudClan, snakes weren't a problem, you could walk freely. But here you had to be extra careful, and the cat in front was in charge of the rests lives. "We're back." YewLeaf padded into the clearing that they called camp. "That's goo- GrayPaw!" A bolt of gray and white hurled itself at her. "ReedPool said you fell into the river! Are you ok? Where have you been, we thought you were gone!" SilkPaw shouted, slight hiss in his voice. EchoBranch stuck her head out of the nursery and nudged a cat she couldn't see. GrayPaw smiled as EchoBranch padded towards her, a familiar russet she-cat popped her head out and her eyes lit up in shock and surprise. She skeptically padded out and then sped towards her. "You're ok!" ReedPool cheered.
GrayPaw smiled and looked at her family that had gathered, they asked so many questions that GrayPaw got dizzy.

Alright! Another chapter down. Next chapter is going to take place after her litter mates become warriors so yeah. I'm probably gonna have a clan gathering soon to lol.
Word count; 1199