Chapter 4

Ok here we are! Anyways in this chapter I'm probably just gonna have GrayPaw get to know some cats better, so you can skip if you need to, but you might be confused on relationships after

She looked to see three cats trotting over. "Hey is that young one GrayPaw over there?" She heard BarkPelt ask. CloudPaw shrugged. "BarkPelt!" GrayPaw shouted, running to him. She was happy to finally see a familiar face again. "It is! What happened to ya young one? Where's ReedPool?" BarkPelt seemed concerned.
"She fell in while crossing the river." StonePelt finished. "Durin high tide?" BarkPelts playful attitude was gone.

"Yes, but me RiverShade and CloudPaw got to her before it was to late."
"We need to get her to her camp!" BarkPelt shouted. "We has to wait until morning, she won't make it across tonight." GrayPaw kept her face stuffed in BarkPelts fur, listening to the conversation but finding comfort in the toms dry pelt. She yawned and BarkPelt seemed to notice how tired she was. BarkPelt backed up and looked to her. "How about we get ya to our camp for the night, you're to tired to cross that river." He smiled. GrayPaw nodded and followed, in a daze, her paws did the walking for her

and her mind was a blank.
"We're here." BarkPelt mewed. Cats gathered, mumbling in concern. "Who's that?" "An intruder!" Why would they bring her here?" Do you think she fell into the river?" "The poor thing."

GrayPaw looked around frantically but BarkPelt soothed her. "What's the meaning of this StonePelt? Why is there an outsider with you?" A booming voice hissed. "AmberStar! This cat fell into the river during high tide. She barely made it out with her life. She can't go back to her camp tonight she has to stay here, she won't make it across that river." StonePelt explained. The She-cats eyes softened after seeing StonePelts. "Alright she can stay. But for tonight only! I want you to watch her, StonePelt, she's your responsibility."
"For any other cat she would have told them to throw her back in the river." A voice mumbled, a she-cat shook her head to agree. "Why is she so kind to StonePelt, BarkPelt?" GrayPaw asked softly.

BarkPelt chuckled. "Well uh see, StonePelt and I are her sons. StrikeShade over there is our father and ya see that she-cat over there?" He pointed his tail at a brown she-cat with a stumpy tail. GrayPaw nodded. "Her names NutTail, she's my sister." BarkPelt explained. Cats glared at BarkPelt and GrayPaw. "Why is he being so kind to the outsider?" A brown and white tabby tom asked to a tortoiseshell she-cat. She shrugged. "C'mon let's get ya a nice dry nest to sleep in, me and StonePelt will be at your sides." The tabby mewed, distracting her from how rude cats were to outsiders. 'At least CloudPaw and RiverShade seem nice as well.' She thought. GrayPaws ear twitched as StonePelt talked. "Your nest is ready." He mewed.

GrayPaw nodded and watched the tom lead her farther from the rest, she looked back and RiverShade and CloudPaw gave her a sympathetic smile. GrayPaw looked at the cats judging her but was to tired to care. The tabby realized a pain on her nose that she hadn't felt before, she lifted a paw to touch it but her paw was swatted away by the brown tabby. " don't touch it! I'll get CherryNose to get you some stuff for that, it's a pretty deep cut you got yourself there." BarkPelt muttered. 'So it is a scratch.' She thought to herself. GrayPaw nodded and BarkPelt wondered off to find the medicine cat. "Right here." StonePelt mewed, signaling to the empty den with a few nests in it. "It use to be the elders den, but as of recently we haven't had any elders to put in it. AmberStar wants you here, so we don't make the others uncomfortable." He spoke. GrayPaw nodded again. She looked to the nests and laid in one of the smallest, assuming the bigger ones to be for BarkPelt and StonePelt. A certain brown she-cat popped her head in with BarkPelt, smiling at GrayPaw and trotting to StonePelt. "AmberStar wants us to patrol the river quick, to make sure they're aren't any other unfortunate cats like GrayPaw." RiverShade mewed. "Alright, I'll go. BarkPelt what about you?"
"I think I'll be fine stayin with young GrayPaw over here." He mumbled, with a bundle of herbs in her mouth. StonePelt nodded to his brother. As the gray tom and brown she-cat padded off, BarkPelt smiled and walked up to the apprentice, laying the herbs down in front of her. "CherryNose gave me some oak leaves, it should stop bleeding and fight infection." He smiled.

After GrayPaw was patched up she yawned. Maybe CloudClan isn't as bad as I thought." She mumbled. "You caught us on a good day, most the time it's chaos." BarkPelt joked. "What's AmberStar like?" GrayPaw questioned. "Well she's kind to me and StonePelt, we're her kits. And we can tell she's trying to be strong but she really cares for her whole clan." BarkPelt meowed. GrayPaw yawned. "What about your leader? What was his name.."
"StoneStar." GrayPaw stated. "Yeah him." BarkPelt chuckled. "He's alright, I haven't had many experiences with him." GrayPaw muttered. "I'm sure there'll be plenty of chances to talk to him." He reassured. GrayPaw nodded and Kaye's her head down. BarkPelt sighed. "Get some sleep, we have to get you to camp tomorrow." BarkPelt mewed. GrayPaw smiled at him, drifting to sleep from the long day.

Ok done! I accidentally published this chapter before it was done but I worked fast to fix that XD
Word count; 966