Chapter 2

Ok so this takes place at around dawn, so she's just about to leave with ReedPool!
Also Incase I haven't made it clear, GrayKits mom died at birthing, EchoBranch felt bad and took them in and their dad is AppleCloud (aka best dad lol)

GrayKits pelt jolted with excitement. A group of cats were sent to tell the medicine cats the news AppleCloud himself volunteered, delivering the message that a new medicine cat apprentice was being made and that the medicine cats and their apprentices should meet ReedPool at the star pool later that night. ReedPool smiles at her and tapped her shoulder with her tail. "Ready to go?" She asked sweetly. "Yes!" GrayKit squeaked. "Good, RoseFall and LionClaw are going to walk us to the boarder, they want us to be safe sense it's late at night, after that one of my good friends should come along on the rest of the journey." ReedPool mewed. GrayKit nodded, wondering who the friend could be.
GrayKit walked along ReedPools side. A chuckles of amusement came from her. 'LionClaw and RoseFall's pelts are so bright! Even in the night! How have they ever successfully sneaked up on prey or an enemy? Id see them from a mile away!' She jokes to herself. ReedPool tilted her head curiously but smiled.

As they got to the boarder, the two toms stopped. "Be safe!" LionClaw purred, rubbing against GrayKit before leaving with RoseFall. GrayKit purred back and looked to her soon to be mentor, as if asking what's next? ReedPool continued to walk and then something lit up in her head. 'Where was ReedPools friend?' That's when glowing yellow eyes jumped out of a bush, and a dark brown toms pelt was revealed, with a yellow tabby lazily walking out of the bush after him. "ReedPool! How have you been?" The Tom asked.
ReedPool looked shocked them smiled calmly, like a mother watching over her kits. "BarkPelt! I didn't know you would be coming! You became a warrior." She mewed.

"He wouldn't leave me alone about it, he wanted to meet your new apprentice." The yellow Tom groaned. "And CherryNose." ReedPool purred with amusement. "Still as lazy as ever." She joked. "Still old and scrawny." CherryNose huffed back. Suddenly, a nose was pressed against her flank. She squealed and the brown Tom stepped back. "Sorry." He laughed. "This must be your new apprentice! What's your name young one?" BarkPelt asked curiously. GrayKit froze up and ReedPool pushed her way over. "GrayPaw! Her names GrayPaw." ReedPool purred. "Well not yet it isn't, we still have to do her ceremony! Come on let's hurry, RedSap and LeopardPaw are probably already there!" BarkPelt whined like a kit.

GrayKit looked at the river, her heart sunk. 'This is where FlaxPaw-' her thought was cut short by a loud splash. BarkPelt has already jumped in to get across. "Come on! The waters perfect!" Her taunted. CherryNose rolled his eyes and walked in, crossing fast while BarkPelt followed, splashing around like a kit.
ReedPool smiles reassuringly. "It'll be fine." She mewed.

GrayKit stepped in, and her ears flattened. Small waves were stirring up and she was scared of the chance of ending up like FlaxPaw. She jumped in and BarkPelt cheered. Her head just stayed above and her eyes were closed, leading to her smacking her face on a rock. She could her CherryNose snort and she growled slightly, continuing on. As she passed by she gripped the head and mud on the shoreline, BarkPelt grabbed her scruff and helped heave her up.
The gray tabby shook her pelt and sighed. "Good swim?" CherryNose asked sarcastically. "Shut it red nose." She snapped back.

The group carried on, GrayKit flailing her back legs trying to dry them off. As they got closer, BarkPelt seemed to get more excited. "We're here." ReedPool nudged GrayKit. She smiled and rushed forwards. The group looked at the tunnel entrance and BarkPelt walked straight in. "Come on! We don't have all night!" He cheered. GrayKit shrugged and followed after. As she walked through the tunnels her pelt grew cold and fear ran through her. "Don't worry." ReedPool comforted. "It's always a little scary the first time."
GrayKit day light at the end of the tunnel, it led to a large open cave, with a hole in the top where the moonlight leaked in.

There was already three cats waiting inside.
They looked up and smiled, greeting each other. "Ok everyone! Let's chat for a while, catch up, then we can start." Mewed out a tortoiseshell tom, who GrayKit assumes was RedSap. A gray she-cat padded towards ReedPool quickly, a look of compassion and happiness on her face. "ReedPool how are you doing?" She asked softly. "Fine." ReedPool smiled. By now The toms has gathered and were chatting, except a dappled tom cat. He looked at GrayKit and she smiled back, the tom padded towards her and greeted himself. "Hey! I'm LeopardPaw. You must be ReedPools new apprentice." He purred. "I am! My names um..GrayPaw." She mewed. "It's nice to meet you! Especially now, it was getting boring without no other apprentices at these meetings." He snorted.

GrayKit nodded. ReedPool looked to GrayKit and padded to her side with OwlFang. "Hm another she-cat." OwlFang rasped. "It's good news! We needed more she-cats at these meetings anyways, it's awfully annoying with those toms. "Hey!" LeopardPaw shouted. "Well with most of them, LeopardPaw, you're not as bad." OwlFang mewed.

Ok so I'm tired so I'll finish this later! Next chapter the stuff will start lol, promise!
Words count; 933