13 - the one where she is upset

Taara saw him walking towards her, he was a good distance away. He was talking over his phone. His expression was serious. He then ended the call. He didn't seem to have noticed her. Taara quickly turned sideways and diverted from his line of sight. He sat down at their regular spot looking around. Taara observed him from the distance slowly walking towards his direction. He was staring at the endless water. Perhaps the horizon. She turned her vision to where he was looking. The purplish-blue sky with pinkish hues was kissing the aqua blue stretch of water. She turned her gaze back to him. She saw him rub a thumb against his cheek just below his eyes. Was he crying? 

Taara steadily made her way to hi. "Boo." She tried scaring him. He simply turned around giving her a weird look. 

"Okay. My lame attempt." She spoke sitting beside him. He looked at her, a smile slowly curving up to his face. 

"So?'

"So?" She repeated turning to look at him. She was sitting closer to him than they sat usually. A good look at him closely confirmed her doubts. Something was bothering him. What could it be? He generally came across as a happy lucky man. He looked away from her. 

"They say, when people look away like that, they're scared their eyes may reveal something. What are you hiding?" Taara's voice was soft. 

"Nothing. Where do you hear such crap?" Taara couldn't be mistaken. His tone surely was crisp and cold. "You can tell me. I am a good listener you know."

"Taara, please. You'd be the last person I would tell." He snapped.

"Then there is something," Taara spoke thoughtfully, hiding the hurt his words inflicted. Maybe it was his situation that had him frustrated and it was just coming out on her.

"Taara. There is nothing. Drop it." His reply was quick. Taara sighed looking away from his face. Why did she think that he did not have this rude side? Every person had a rude side. She did too. 

There was silence. Somehow it wasn't easy. She was waiting for him to break it. He did not until a good ten minutes and a few more had passed. Taking a deep breath, he finally spoke. "Taara, I should get going. I have little work before I get home. See yaa." Saying that he quickly got up and walked away. Taara sighed. She did feel hurt. She shouldn't have. He was a nobody she just met and spent a few minutes daily with. Friend? Taara took a small pebble casting it away towards the ocean. Minutes later she got up and left. She no longer enjoyed sitting there alone.

* * *

Taara hadn't been to the marine drive for three days. She just didn't want to be stupid, ending up waiting for him or sitting with him or talking to him. She was the last person he'd talk to right. Let him go find someone else to spend his evenings with. Hiya maybe. 

Taara closed her eyes and slumped onto her bed. Three days and there wasn't an hour she did not think about him. The exception being her sleep of course. He hadn't texted or called. He had her number. Maybe he didn't want to. Maybe just like other people in her life he didn't need her anymore. She frowned rubbing her forehead. Yeah, she was the stupid one to think of their acquaintance as more than just that. Her phone beeped. Who the hell wanted to irk her now? 

She picked up her phone and sat up straight when she read the name. Aayush! She opened the chat. 

Aayush: Hey!

Taara rolled her eyes. Seriously? She placed her phone back against the mattress and lay back on her bed. Five minutes later there was another beep. A little excited she quickly picked her phone and saw that it was a message from him.

Aayush: I am sorry, I shouldn't have said that.

Taara was furious. Said? He had snapped. Angrily she sat up texting him. 

Taara :
You snapped, Mister.

Aayush couldn't help but smile when he read the message. He could imagine her face totally with her narrowed eyes.

Aayush:
How can I make it up to you, Milady?

Taara smiled a little. No, don't make it easy for him. She typed. 

Taara:
"No way."

Aayush stared at his phone screen amused. This lady sure knew how to put up a drama. Smiling to himself he typed.

Aayush:
Come on.
I said I am sorry.
I shouldn't have "snapped" like that.
I own my fault. 

Taara:
I will think about it if I have time and will let you know.

Aayush:
you're being dramatically unreasonable.

Taara:
Mister, I am the one angry here and you're asking for forgiveness. I don't think that's the way you ask for someone's forgiveness.

Taara waited but there was no response. Did she go overboard? Maybe he was still upset about the thing that had been bothering him. To add to that she was being hard on him. Should she text him saying she was all peace? Her ringtone broke her purse from her thoughts. Her eyes widened a wee bit as she noticed the caller id. Aayush. Gulping she picked up. "Hello?"

"Hey!" Damn, he sounded sexy on call. Mentally slapping her thoughts she thought quickly. "What?" 

"I am sorry." He spoke in a soft voice. Taara could feel her heart rapidly melting. However, she kept her ice queen tone up."Done?"

"You're  acting like you're my girlfriend." 

Taara didn't know what to say to that. Her brain froze, heart skipped beats, and mouth hung open in shock. Did he just say that? 

It's all so stupid. We fight. We make up. We repeat. But that's life, as we know it!

━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━

And....I just noticed — this story ranks 74 out of 36.5K in "heart". That's huge! Thank you for hearting this story! 💗

 That's huge! Thank you for hearting this story! 💗