15 - the one where he flirts

Taara looked at him oddly. What should she say? "I am not flattered by that." She lied extemporaneously forcing a smile. 

"You are." He said without looking at her.

"I am not." Taara immediately exclaimed staring at him.

He turned in  her direction. His blue eyes giving her a piercing look. "You are. It's written over your face." 

"It is not." Taaramuttered quickly looking away. Was it actually written over her face? 

"Taara.."

"Hmm.." she hummed, not turning to look at him whatsoever.

"I am sorry. I shouldn't have spoken to you like that." His gaze didn't waver away from her face. She had a nice taste in earrings. He somehow always noticed the different ones she wore. Well, when it came to her, surprisingly he was a new version of himself. He noticed a lot. Until he met her, he was sure love at first sight did not exist. But he couldn't say the same with surety now. He didn't know what love exactly was. Neither did he have knowledge about love at first sight. 

But his definition of love was - cherishing someone's presence, missing them in their absence, not being able to get them off your mind and heart. Wanting to care for them. Wanting to be there for them. Fighting heartily with them and yet having nothing change. That overwhelming feeling when the person was happy. Wasn't all that and a little more, that summed the word love? He wasn't sure. 

"Snapped." She reminded him.

"Snapped." He repeated smilingly. 

Taara looked at him moving her gaze to him steadily. Their eyes locked. He couldn't help but let his eyes drop to her petal-like lips. He quickly directed his gaze back up. Her cheeks felt warm as she noted the movement of his eyes. She parted her lips slightly as though trying to drop the breath. He grinned. Taara was a terrible mess inside. She was all warm and mushy. Like everything about him wasn't enough now his teasing look also made her slip for him. Was this right? 

"You look beautiful when you blush."

Taara held back her smile looking away at the horizon. "What's with those cheesy lines today?" She enquired biting the inside of her cheeks. 

"I am trying at something.  Is it working?" There was a glint of playfulness in his voice. 

"I don't know what you're talking about!" It was getting harder for Taara to hold her smile back. 

"Liar." He drawled, accusing her. She glanced at him. "I am not lying, Mister."

"Yes you are, Miss, I can make out you're trying to hide that smile." He pointed to her lips. Taara's stomach felt a knot. Damn. She hadn't felt things like this before. She had no clue how to respond. While a part of her enjoyed it, the other was growing restless with the fear of unknown. 

"I think I should.."

"Stay." He cut her sentence midway, and Taara looked up at him. He stared back at her. She swallowed the lump that had formed in her throat when she felt his hand on hers. "Don't run away."

 Taara was rendered inept. She felt extremely conscious under his gaze. Her gaze dropped to his hand holding hers. Sensing her possible discomfort he gently pulled back his hand, albeit slowly. 

Taara sat there in silence. There were twice too many thoughts passing her mind. She liked him but there were many "buts". Her inexperience in the matter made her stilled more nervous. Like he wasn't enough. 

"Relax. I didn't mean to push you over the edge." He spoke with sincerity shining in his enchanting eyes. 

"No. I am okay." She spoke quickly. The last thing she'd want was him to know she was nervous and it was because of him. He chuckled in response and that irked her up. 

"What?" She snapped.

"Nothing."

She narrowed her eyes at him. He sighed, "fine. I know you are all weird right now. The fault is partially mine. But, trust me it's hard to not flirt with you." 

Taara's mouth dropped open slightly.  

"Okay, don't react like that. I have started liking you, Taara. There is no way I can keep that to myself anymore." His voice was smooth and soft. Almost dreamy. Taara blinked. This meeting was turning out to be nothing of the sort she anticipated. "I know, you may think this is outrageous, I understand. Take your time, and let it sink in." He smiled at her. It was almost reassuring.

Taara could only manage to nod and look away. She was certain that her cheeks resembled the color of strawberries or cherries. They felt warm. But that wasn't alarming. Her oddly out of rhythm heartbeats and her melting insides were. After what felt an eternity to Taara, he spoke again. "Would you like a cup of chai?" 

Taara shook her head in a no, her mind was racing among too many thoughts.

"Is everything okay?" He asked. Taara looked up at him to find his eye filled with concern. She shook her head in a negative yet again. She was acting like a timid little  chicken. But that was what it was. She couldn't even think of an answer. She was too overwhelmed by his confession.  Why would someone like her in their sanest mind? Especially why, him? He was handsome and somewhat nice, he could get better than her. Then why her? Why did he like her?

It's surprising how, certain people make us challenge our own confidence in our self. 

━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━

3rd update in less than 24 hours! Seems like I am getting back in the game ;)