28 - the one with romance

Taara sat admiring the waves crashing against the tetrapods. A week had gone by and she hadn't seen him. Needless to put in words that she missed him. She was also nervous about seeing him again. They had exchanged text messages over the week but very few. Not a single call. Taara assumed that the entire summit would have been a very busy week for him.

"Missed me?" She heard and quickly turned her head to the right to find him crouching to sit beside her.

"Hi!" She said excitedly. He smiled like a Cheshire cat happy to be greeted that way.

"Tells me how much you missed me." He threw a teasing smile her way. Taara couldn't help but smile gently punching him on the bicep. He chuckled. 

"How did it go?" She asked as his hand held hers and he slowly slipped his fingers into the grooves between her fingers. 

"Great." He answered staring at their intertwined fingers. "And I honestly missed offending you," He added. Taara giggled glancing at him. Oh, she didn't want to look away from his face.

"How has your week been?" He asked holding her gaze. 

"Don't even get me started... It might be night by the time I finish my rant."

"If that means you'll stay until late her with me, go for it." He winked.

"God, so cheesy." Taara exclaimed.

"Ahuh? Cheesy AP?" He grinned. Taara only laughed in response. 

Silence fell. Aayush loved the feeling. He stole glances at her and knew she was doing the same. And then there were times when they caught each other. Then exchanged goofy smiles.

"So are we going to just sit here, without talking?" Aayush finally broke the silence. "Don't you have to fill me in on your week?"

"It's better this way." Taara spoke softly gently rubbing her thumb over his palm. He gazed at her fondly. Taara loved basking in the warmth of his gaze. Jeez, he was becoming her favorite thing. Beating chocolate, at that.

"You're such a Romantic!" He remarked, Taara smiled looking at him. Her cheeks were flushed, but that no longer embarrassed her. Especially after that heartwarming compliment, he had given her about her blush.

"Mister, each person has this one part, that is a total romantic. They just don't let it out."

"Okay. So is that an arrow in disguise, aimed at me?" 

"Wow. You aren't different from me now, are you? That wasn't an arrow and even if it was, it wasn't aimed at you." She smiled.

"Is everything okay?" He asked looking slightly disoriented.