18 - the one with beginning of a new chapter

Taara sat admiring the sunset. It was strange that he was still not here. He hadn't called or messaged to say he won't come. That meant he would make it. She popped another peanut into her mouth. She loved roasted peanuts. 

"Hey!" She smiled as she heard his voice. She turned to find him place a cup of chai beside her. This man sure had no clue how heartwarming his thoughtfulness was

"Hi!" Taara greeted smiling. "All good?"

"Has to be ." He gave her a warm smile that tugged at her heart. "So how did your day go?" He asked.

"Good." Taara answered taking in the waft of her steaming cup of tea. She glanced up at him, only to find him looking at her. She smiled as he flinched as though caught red handed. 

"How did it go with that guy yesterday?" He enquired taking a small sip of his coffee. 

"Nice. He's super intelligent you know. He has many published papers and all. He's also got the American accent, now."

"Hmm." Was the only response she got from him while he sipped his coffee. Taara smiled and then bit her lower lip. Was he jealous?

His eyes met hers. Her smile widened and she looked away. Lest he should see how her cheeks were slowly growing pink. Something she could conclude by her warming face.

"So?" He piped.

Taara looked away at the distant waves taking a small sip from her cup of tea and placing it beside her again. "It's new to me." She finally spoke trying to do away with the timid tone in her voice.

"For me too!" She heard him say.

"Are you sure about this?" She asked sliding her gaze in his direction. He nodded smiling. Taara felt her smile widen. 

"You sure about it? I mean clearly you have options..." his voice trailed while his gaze remain fixed on her. Taara chuckled. "I'd rather have some offend me than bore me with things I am totally not interested in."

It was Aayush's turn to beam at the compliment. "Is that your way of making it official?" He chuckled, his eyes giving her a teasing glance. Taara felt her cheeks color up and she looked away. 

"Let's do it the cliche way." She heard him say. Before she could comprehend what he meant he got off the pavement and now stood before her. What the hell was he up to?

"Aayush, please don't." Taara spoke terrified staring at him. He grinned picking up her cup of tea. 

"Miss Taara Mittal Jaisingh, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked extending her cup of tea towards her.

Taara's mouth dropped and she stared at him wide eyed. Wow, she had never seen herself get in a situation such as this. "Come on." He prompted for her. Taara bit her lower lip nervously and then took the cup of tea between her palms. Their hands brushing in the process. 

"Because you chose to do it with a cup of tea!" She gave him a haughty smile. He smiled back, placing his hands on either side of her. 

"You could say a yes, instead of that twisted answer. Wouldn't have dropped your image you know!" 

Taara smiled in response, "You're being too demanding already!"

Aayush laughed moving away and climbing back up. "Honestly,  I am glad you didn't friendzone me after everything." Taara smiled not looking at him. Dear life, she finally had a boyfriend! 

"This is awkward now." Taara spoke breaking the silence.

"No it's not. It's just new. Everything takes time." He said. Taara simply smiled. He had this weird way of making her very comfortable in the blink of an eye. 

* * * 

Taara smiled as in the darkness of her room her phone beeped. She grabbed it and swiped the screen to land her gaze on his message. 

Aayush : "Goodnight Sweetheart!"

Taara smiled typing a reply. "Barely few hours and I am Sweet-heart?"

Aayush : I knew it, you wouldn't like it too!

Taara rolled her eyes. "Then why did you mention it, Mister?"

Aayush : Formality perhaps?

Taara smiled. "Signs that I have a stupid Boyfriend."

Aayush: I have never seen someone insult themselves so subtly!

Taara giggled. "Stop offending me, go sleep. Good night!"

Aayush: Seems like the wild cat is sleepy.  

Taara : to be continued...

Aayush laughed reading her message. "Sweetdreams ;)"

Taara smiled sighing dreamily. This man was a total charmer. She wondered how this once upon a time stranger had become the reason of her smiles. They say you never know what's in store for you. She never thought her life would have someone like him in store for her. But, right now she couldn't wait to see what else was in store for her. With a stupid smile on her face, she slipped into slumber.

Life has a plan. We need to hold our hearts and wait for it to unfurl!

 We need to hold our hearts and wait for it to unfurl!