17 - the one where she is awkward

Taara couldn't take her mind off him since their conversation, last night. He had now made his way into her dreams as well. Her phone rang as she parked her scooter. "Hey, mom!" She spoke wondering what her mom wanted her to bring home when she went back. "Vivek will meet you in half an hour at Cafe Wooden Paradise." She heard her sweet voice.

"What?" Taara exclaimed. "You mean today, now, in half an hour?"

"Why would I call you now, sweetie?" Her mother mocked her in a sweet tone.

Taara frowned easing the lines that had formed on her forehead. "Fine. Text me the details." Saying that she ended the call. How she wished she could skip this and spend time with Aayush. She had been desperately wanting to see him. She walked quickly.  Perhaps she could tell him she had work and leave quickly.  Luckily, Cafe Wooden Paradise wasn't far from here. It would be a ten-minute walk. There was no way she would miss meeting him.

As she hurried to their regular spot a faint blush covered her cheeks as she caught sight of him. He happened to turn in her direction and waved at her. Taara felt the similar fluttering in her stomach. God, this got harder. She reached him. "Hi!" She could sense the shyness in her own voice. Just great!

He smiled. "Hey!" The way his eyes move over her face made Taara more nervous. She ran her fingers on the strap of her bag timidly. "Stop being awkward alright." He spoke extending his hand. Taara glanced at his hand and then met her eyes. "Chai?"

Taara bit her lower lip nodding in a no. "Let's sit then?" His hand was still waiting for hers. She slowly slid her palm over his. "Ahh, Aayush?" She finally pushed away the awkward nervousness. 

"Hmm." He loved how his name rolled off her lips. She rarely called him by his name. In a way it was good. Cause when she did, an unknown overwhelming feeling washed over him. He loved how her hand felt against his. He had understood that she was new to this all. He was willing to take it steady. But, he couldn't help but be desperate. 

"I-I-actually." Taara stuttered feeling stupid. Her cheeks flamed in embarrassment. Where did this timid Taara emerge from? She had no clue.

"OH God, Taara. It's me. Just relax." He gave her hand a light squeeze. There again there was a warm rush in her heart. 

"Just take a deep breath. And shoot okay?" 

Taara smiled staring at him. "It's a little weird and complicated. I have to meet this guy...I-" she paused as she saw his face fall, but in mere seconds he put up his mask of understanding. "Mom wants me to meet him. It's her friend's son." Taara spoke quickly.

"Oh!" He exclaimed, his confusion written over his face. His hand loosened the hold on her hand. Taara gave him a small smile. "So..-I-". Taara felt his hand leave hers. She dropped her gaze down to his hand. She could say he felt bad about it.

"You need to go." He completed for her. 

"Yeah," Taara spoke her fingers fidgeting with her bag's strap.

"Fine, then. I will see you later sometime." He pocketed his hand forcing a smile. Taara felt her heart melt. 

"Yeah." She gulped smiling at him. Clearly his mood was off, although he tried hard to maintain a nonchalant expression. He muttered a "Bye " turning around. 

Taara took a deep breath, "Aayush!"

He turned. 

"Will you wait? I will finish quickly and meet you?" 

He stared at her then approached her with steady steps. This time he was closer than before. She felt her breath hitch. "You need time to decide, I understand. You have my number." He spoke holding her gaze.

Don't go! Taara's heart pleaded as she looked into his. The glance was held a beat too long. 

"Aayush," Taara called quickly when he stepped back and turned. This time he turned around with a grin glowing on his face. Taara smiled when he said "yes." 

"You look nice in blue." The moment it was out of her mouth, Taara felt awkwardness seep in again. He gave her a smug smile. "There are many colors, that look nice. Maybe you should spend more time with me!" 

Taara blinked. He somehow rendered her short of good comebacks even though she was full of them. "Go now, you'll be late." He gave her his ever-charming smile. Oh, he had to stop melting her heart that way!

"Bye!" He smiled walking away. Something tugged at Taara's heart as she stared at him leave. She wouldn't want him to walk away like that from her life. Sighing she smiled to herself. 

It's inexplicable. The attachment we form with some people in such a short time

━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━

This one is dedicated all of you lovely readers, who form my online family. ❣

 ❣