27 - the one with distance between them

As Taara entered her home she was greeted by her mother's surprised look. "You're early today?" Her mother asked more than pointed out. 

"Yeah." Taara answered making a beeline for the kitchen. She needed her cup of tea. The hours at work had been tiring. She had no heart to head to the beach cause she knew she'd only feel more miserable after sitting there alone and missing him. He was leaving for Singapore later tonight and obviously couldn't make it to their evening rendezvous spot. Taara left her tea to boil and headed upstairs.

"Wanna go out for a movie tonight?" She heard her mother ask.

Taara smiled. It had been a while since she had gone for a movie outing with her mother. Maybe it would be a nice way to detox and take her mind off things. "Sure. Better be a light movie. You select the movie and book the tickets. I am going to decide the restaurant." Taara spoke peeping down. 

"Deal!" She heard her mother say. "By the way, where's your guy? Fought with him?" Her mother finally let her curiosity slip out. 

Taara mentally laughed at it. "He's heading to Singapore for a week. There's some business summit. By the way, Papa is also going for it." She added the little piece of information at the end even though she knew her mother wouldn't care to know.

Taara's mother sighed. "Business men and their business trips!" She muttered under her breath. 

"Did you say something?" Taara asked looking over her shoulder.

"Nothing sweetie. I will WhatsApp you the movie start time. You can nap if you wish."

"Cool. I don't think I can take a nap. I have a little work to be done." Taara grumbled dragging herself up the stairs. 

* * *

Taara : Have a safe and happy journey. 

 Aayush: Will! At the boarding gate.

Taara: :)

Aayush: You missed me today?

Taara: Nah. Went out for a movie then a restaurant. Just returned. 

Aayush: with whom?

Taara: With my other boyfriend. 

Aayush: Really?

Taara: He's more handsome than you are.

Aayush: Well, at least you admitted I am handsome.

Taara: The subject of importance is my second boyfriend.

Aayush: Taara, calling your mother your handsome boyfriend is not a good idea. Really.