16 - the one where he texts

Aayush : Hey!

Taara stared at her phone biting her lower lip. She had been living in that moment again and again. He said he liked her! It seemed her life was slowly transforming into a beautiful romantic movie. She liked a guy, good. He liked her back, great. He confessed, awesome. He was a natural romantic and she admired him. What could possibly go out of place? Her heart thudded. What if, this was an illusion? All of this was sheer stupidity? What did not help was that he seemed to have grown handsome overnight and still more terribly attractive. It was so hard for Taara to not stare at him, the last time they met.

"Taara."

Taara finally gained her composure and texted back. "Hey!" She smiled looking at the screen.

"Taara."

"Taara Mittal Jaisingh!" Her mom's loud voice made Taara look up. "What?" She replied  frowning. Her mother almost always disturbed her when she was on the phone.

"Tell me who the guy is." Tara stared at her. " I have been trying to get your attention from the past ten minutes. It wasn't, clearly, in my favor.  I know it's a guy." Her mother added, walking up to her. Taara panicked. If she told her mom how she met Aayush, her mother would lose her sanity. Perhaps locked her in like Rapunzel? Okay, exaggeration. Tara knew it wouldn't be nice.  She quickly got up walking towards the stairs.

 "I will be back, I need to get my towel from the terrace." Taara smiled at her mother.

Her mother, Manisha, smiled knowingly, "I am your mother sweetie!" She folded her arms, looking at her.

"Come on Mom! It's just Priya."  Taara attempted to convince her.

"You're a lesbian?" 

It wasn her mother's question, but her serious look that made Taara freak out and say, "What! no way!" 

"Then stop naming your boyfriend Priya." With that the right corner of her mother's lips tugged upward forming a winning smirk.

Taara rolled her eyes and turned, lest her mother should catch her almost grin. She jogged up the stairs. "You're running away, Taara."

"I am not mom." She shouted back. 

"Don't do anything stupid before marriage." Her mom screamed. Taara smacked her palm on her forehead. Her mother didn't know her level of stupid.

"Cut it, mom. " 

"At least use..."

"Mom please!" Taara yelled before she completed that sentence. Here she was struggling to sink in the fact that a guy liked her and her moment was way ahead thinking about the unnecessary. Twenty First Century mothers! It was the Netflix that made her mother so forward, perhaps.