IX.

I carried two bags into the hallway, Jimmybob and my two friends already climbing into the back of a dark blue truck. Iarann came downstairs, carrying my babygirl in his arms, her still being not aware of the situation around her. Smiling at the sight of both of them I couldn't help to eavesdrop, when Iarann seated her on the bench in the hallway to help her put on her shoes. "Dontcha worry, little one, I am takin good care of ya and yar Mommy. Ya'll see our little vacation will help ya find new friends and a lot of fun. Do ya know these girls in ma truck? Aye, I thought so. They are gonna be there and granny, too. Your Mommy already packed some games and toys for ya and I promise if ya need sumthin I am always there for ya, alright girly?" Josy yawned, but she nodded. "Lenny? You said you're my Mommy's friend." "Aye, kid, tha I am." "Do you like her?" "Aye, I do. Very much of tha to be honest."

My heart started melting.

"Then... someday... do you think you could be my daddy?"

And then my heart shattered in thousands of pieces. I knew Josy was missing a dad in her life, but that she was craving for having an actual dad was new for me. Before I could interrupt them, Iarann answered her. "Josy, unfortunately it is to early tha we can see what the future brings, but I promise to ya, tha no matter what happens, I will always be there for ya.  I will always be yar friend, small one." Josy giggled. "So now we gotta leave, Mommy is waiting for us!" He said and picked her up again.
I took the bags and waited for them in the doorway.
"Everything is settled, gotta go." Iarann smiled at me, hugging Josy. "Ok I'll strap yar kid in." I leaned into his side kissing his cheek and then Josys. "Thanks." Then I locked up my house, hopefully seeing it again in this good state.

Some time later

Iaranns truck pulled up in the parking  lot in front of the Souleater MC. Iarann signaled to the other three to get of his truck. He turned to me, in between us there sat Josy, looking around with big eyes at all the people running around.
"Lovie, I won't lie to ya. This won't be easy as long as we are here on lock down, but ya and yar family can stay in ma room in the back, and I sleep in the truck or sumthin. I just wanna the three of yas sound and safe." I took his hand in mine. "Don't worry. Everything will be sorted out soon."
Then we turned around rapidly, when  someone knocked at my door window.  Standing next to the truck, my mother smiled at us. "GRANNY!" Josy shouted exited. My Mom opened the door "Hey girls, Granny missed you lot!" She said and hugged us both at the same time. "Hey Mom. You're already here?" "Yeah and I just came out to say hello, I need to get back into the kitchen, the stew is cooking." Back to business as normal. She looked at Iarann. "Lennox." "Mrs Trammell." "Screw that Mrs bullshit, I am Rosie. You know, your president and I were high school sweethearts?" Iarann looked at her shocked. "Mom! You can't be real!" I laughed at both of them, loosing Josys safety belt. "No I am telling you the truth! He already offered me a room, to stay in, and I decided that this little girl over here and I are gonna have a little pyjama party with a looooot of snacks tonight! How does that sound?" "Mom you really don't ha-" "Shove it. I want to and I will. So now Josy, how about I introduce you to grumpy ole Elliot. He is a friend of grandma and I bet he has some candy for you!"
And just like that, she took Josy from me and went with her inside.
"What the fuck just happened Iarann?" "I dunno... I really dunno... and who the fuck is Elliot?" We both looked at each other and started laughing. "I guess ya donna ha to worry bout yar Ma. Look at her... she owns tha place!" Shaking my head I climbed out of the truck. "You have to be kidding me." I murmured to myself. "I heard that lovie." He came around the truck to me and hugged me."At least I now ha' a better chance to get some rest tonight, since I can share maybe with ya." "Oh yeah?" "Uhuh..." I smiled at him, pecked his lips and made a few steps ahead to the clubhouse. "Who was talking about getting rest tonight?" I winked at him teasingly.
He looked at me with his mouth agape, before shaking his head and heading my way. "Ya tease!", he whispered into my ear and put his arm around my shoulders.

Iarann's POV

As soon as everyone gathered inside the clubhouse, Owl, our president stood on a table in the middle of the crowd, getting everyone's attention.
"Good mornin' friends and family. Unfortunately some unpleasant events happened just recently, forcing us to react. To our and your safety we decided to gather all of you here, to hang around and have fun at a safe place, where noone has to worry. This time we even have someone special in our midst - by the way I am really glad for that circumstance - everyone say Hi to Rosie Trammell, a good friend of mine. She is in charge of the kitchen. So any volunteers who want to help just talk to her, she won't bite. Later today, she already told me, there will be Irish Stew for all of us." At this point the crowd errupted with applause for Scotch's mother. Owl grinned. "Ok fellas. Some rules. Noone leaves the property without someone guarding him. If you are needing a bedding or something else, Tanja, Breakers wife, and Skye, Bears wife, are pleased to find a solution for you. Squirt, our prospect, on the other hand is in charge of the daycare here, so all of you can dump your kids on him and he takes care of them with his girl Sonja. The daycare department is upstairs in the billiard room. And besides all that the Souleater MC wishes all of you a good time and a comfortable stay, until our little problem is solved. Oh and guys keep your dignity at least till the kids are fast asleep tonight. Ok that's it. Have fun!" And with that he jumped of the table and went straight to Rosie into the kitchen. Like being in a beehive, the talking and chatting got loud in an instant.
"I guess I put these into your room then." "Aye. Need a hand darlin?" "Nah, I just drop the bags off in there and then I try to help to get everyone settled." She liftes herself on her tiptoes and kissed my cheek. "See you later."
"Ok fine.... later darlin." I told her but she was already gone.
I got sight of Jimmybob, his arm now resting in a sling, hugging his girl Annie.
Boy, that's going to be a long and exhausting time for all of us.
I went to see Willy our VP. "Hey VP, whose in charge of the first guard?" "If ya want to, you can. Pick two or three hangarounds and maybe Jimmybob and you will be on duty the next three hours if ya like." "Do I have a vote in that?" "Nah not really." "Good. I just tell Scotch bout it, so she knows what's going on." Willy grinned at me. "Already whipped huh?" Flipping the laughing VP off, I went over to Jimmybob and informed him about the first shift we had together. He just nodded. Then I went into the kitchen, informing Scotch. "Hey lovie, just so tha ya know, I have the first shift of guarding the Clubhouse. I will be out, walking ma rounds if something bothers ya. I have my cell with me." Scotch smiled at me. "Ok, take care." She send me a flying kiss, since I couldn't come into the crowded kitchen. "See ya later darlin! And save me some of that incredible smelling stew over there!"
The kitchen errupted in laughter when I turned around on my heels and made my way outside to the parking lot.
Getting out my 10mm Glock out of my truck, I put the gun in my waistband and started walking towards the now closed gate. One of the hangarounds already parked some elder vehicles as some kind of protection barrier in front of the gates. I positioned myself on one of the trucks, getting ready for three absolutely boring and dull hours.