XXII.

Iarann's POV

When I was driving around through the town, I sensed someone following me. Glancing into my rearview mirror I recognized Crazy behind me. "Owl ya slick amadan..."
Not giving shit about my brother on my heels, I made my way to the cemetery.
The moment I turned of my bike, Crazy parked next to me. "I'm just making sure, you're safe. Don't worry about me." I nodded at him. "I just wanna visit... a dear friend. Wanna tag along?" Crazy shook his head no. "Be right back in a few. Keep an eye on ma bike brotha."
I left him and the two motorcycles and made my way over to a neat graveside.
"'Lo darlin'. Been a while. Guess I messed up, huh?"
I got on my knees, not bothering about the dirt underneath. Gently I wiped some of the dirt off of the tombstone. "I miss ya, ma bhean.... I need to talk to ya. There's this girl... she kinda holds ma heart now, ya know... she reminds ma a little of yaself to be honest... she got attacked recently, is at the intensive care at the hospital... ma bhean she might won't make it. I can't do tha, not again. I've lost ya, I can't lose her too. She's to important for ma sanity... please. I don't know if tha works like this, but maybe ya can help somehow? Darlin, she has a kid. If it is not for ma, then for her little girl..." Silent tears ran down my cheeks. " Ya know, Corallee kinda turns ma into a better man. I wanna do this. Be a good man to her and tryin to be a good da'. I dreamed about me and her. Dunno if it was a foretelling or sumthin, but I can see her and maself being together and having kids. I know. I used to never want kids, because of ma lifestyle and so on.... but I guess things change... she... Moira, she's all I have besides the club..."
Staring into the sky, I waited for an answer or a sign. Of course nothing happened, but still I felt at ease somehow, talking to someone I trust helped me a lot.
"I gotta go, ma bhean. I can't promise to visit ya more often or shite like tha, ya know who and what I am. I love ya. Forever."
Kissing the cold tombstone goodbye, I got up, ready to leave. I read the inscription of the tombstone again, what said

Here lies
MOIRA DOHERTY
BELOVED DAUGHTER, SISTER
FOREVER LOVED WIFE
BORN IN AUGUST 1979
DIED IN JANUARY 2005

I nodded sadly and turned around to leave.

At the parking lot I joined Crazy, who waited patiently.
"Headin to the hospital. Join ma?" He shrugged. "How'd go? Got any answers?" "Nah... my wife never told ma what to do, why should she start now, when she's dead...", I answered gravely and saddled up. Crazy looked at me surprised. "Your.... what?" I sighed. "Ma wife is there. Well, ma ex-wife... I don't know what we were in the end. We loved each other, we just couldn't stand being near each other...'twas complicated I guess. But she was ma everything. She came with ma here from Scotland. Moira got hit by a Semi truck after she ran away from fighting with ma. I held her in ma arms, when she took her last breath. Besides of Owl yar now the only one who knows, I would like to keep it tha way."
Reffing up the engine, I broke up the chance for anything else to say and I left the cemetery, with a dumbfounded Crazy tailing me.

At the hospital

I made my way back into the intensive care unit, Crazy signaling me that he stayed at the waiting area.
Walking into Corallee's room, I found it empty.
Shrugging off my kutte and my leather jacket, I threw both of it over an empty chair on the wall, going over to my still unconcious girl. "Hey love." I took the seat next to her bed and intertwined our hands. "I hope ya can hear ma. I visited the grave of ma first wife. I thought it might clear ma head or sumthin. I asked her for help. I've lost already one girl, I can't lose ya too, baby. Do ya hear ma? Keep fightin'. Please. For the sake of yar kid. For yar Ma'. For ma. I want ya to know, I love ya more than ya know. Ya bring out the best of ma, mo ghràidh. Yar ma everything now. Please comeback to ma. I wanna show ya the world, don't leave ma.", I whispered to her.

"Iarann..." Startled I turned around, only to see Rosie standing in the middle of the doorway. She made her way over to me, signaling for me to get up. I did so and she hugged me tightly. "I am so sorry, dear. So, so fucking sorry." "Ya heard ma?" "Yes. All of it. I didn't know." I pulled away of Rosie, looking at Corallee. "Barely anyone knows... but I don't care anymore. Corallee is all I need and all I want." Rosie nodded with tearfilled eyes. "You are a good man." "Where is Josy?" "My sister takes care of her. They are at the clubhouse." "Good. Ya should go see yar grandchild. I stay here. Ya had a long drive, ya guys should get some rest." Rosie looked at me, sighed. "Gimme a call if something changes, will you?" "Aye." I sank back into the chair. Rosie hugged me again and kissed my temple. "She's tough. She will make it. And then, you two can be a family. I want a lot of grandbabies!" She winked at me and hurried out.

Crazy's POV

Rosie left the intensive care unit and waved at me. "Headin to the club. Need anything sweetheart?" "Nah I'm good. Thanks Momma." She chuckled a little at that. "Keep an eye on him. He needs you guys." "Yeah... I know." Rosie patted my shoulder and left me alone.
About 20 minutes later a nurse came by, talking on a cell phone.
I didn't pay any attention at first, until she yelled "I won't do shit to anyone, when they didn't deserve it! These are innocent people!"
Now full on focus, I followed the blonde nurse. She went into an supply room and I positioned myself in front of it, trying to eavesdrop.
"No... Conor, that was not part of my job! I... yes..... NO! The one lost her baby!... hm.... mhm...." A heavy sigh came from her and I heard her shuffling inside.
Leaning on the opposite wall of the door, I waited for her to come out.
She opened the door and saw me instantly. Her face fell and all the colors were drained from her face. "Trouble in paradise, darlin'?" I asked smugly. "Uh... yeah, something like that." She tried to leave, but I blocked her. "Listen, I kinda heard parts of your conversation... you've been talking about my friends there... what was that about?" "It.... it was just the.... the doc... I wasn't down for some... instructions he... he gave me...." I leaned in closer. "Hm.... you smell good, darlin'." I nibbled at her skin, feeling her squirming in my grip. "Darlin' don't bullshit me... it won't be good for my temper... who was that on the phone?" She started trembling. "I.. I don't know his name... I- I was told to keep an eye on your friends... earning some extra money, by reporting to that guy details about your friends..." I put my hands on her waist, pulling her closer to my groin. "And...?" "H-he called me... wanted me to poison them, but I couldn't pull that off... I would lose my job..." She shuddered when I kissed her collarbone. "... I told him I can't kill innocent people..." I pulled away, smiling at her. "There you go. Wasn't that difficult being honest was it?" She shook her head, still kind of breathless. "Would you do me a favor? If he calls you back, give me a call too? This bastard hurt my friends, he needs to pay for that. Dunno if we can pay you the same way like he did, but... maybe..." I bit my lip and obviously checked her out. "...maybe we could continue this...." I reached out for her and pulled her into me, kissing her hard.
"What's your name, darlin'?" "Mackenzie Laughlin." I smiled at her, caressingher cheek. "Any irish ancestors?" "Yeah..." she looked at my lips and I grinned wickedly. Crashing my lips on hers again, I almost knocked her of her feet.
"Darlin' you just made my day. Can't wait to see you again, Mackenzie Laughlin." I turned around, ready to leave. "What's your name?"

"They call me Crazy, darlin'."

-----------------------------------
amadan -> idiot
bhean -> wife
mo ghràidh -> my love