XVII.

Scotch's POV

I woke up next to a sleeping Iarann. His arms still curled up around my body, holding me close.
The early morning sun shined through the window directly on the bed, lightening up Iarann's features. I took a good look at Iarann's face. It seemed like he grew older just over night. Whatever he had seen on that tape must have been awful and gruesome. Caressing his cheek, I removed a lose streak of his handsome face.
After a while I realized that sleep won't overcome me anymore.
Hearing a whispered conversation in the hallway I decided to get up and busy myself here in the clubhouse, it wasn't like I would go anywhere anytime soon.  The best thing I could do was prepare breakfast for all of the guys.
Silently I got up, trying not to wake Iarann, I grabbed one of his shirts and exchanged it with mine I slept in. Don't bothering to style myself, I just pulled my hair into a messy ponytail and put my boots on.
With a last glance at the sleeping man, I rushed out of the room and closed the door behind me, without making any noise.
A few rooms further there were a few club members talking in a hushed voice. I made my way over there, having to go past them either way to get to the kitchen.
"Morning guys." I said while trying to go by. "Morn'." A few answered. "Oi. Who's she?", an unknown guy asked. "She's Iarann's.", Jimmybob said with a smirk in my direction. "Scotch? Is he alright?", the same asked me. I just shrugged. "I guess he's ok. He's asleep." Not wanting to tell anything about Iarann's and my conversation, I just shut up. I smiled a little at the guys and went to the kitchen, hearing them murmur behind me. In the kitchen it looked like Squirt and Bear had the same thoughts like me. Squirt was trying to start the coffeemaker and Bear already got some pans out on the stove to make eggs. "Morning. Need a hand guys?", I asked smiling at both of them. Bear looked up from the stove, returning my smile. "Good morning Scotch. It's only six in the morn, why already awake?" "Couldn't sleep I guess, just like all of you probably." Bear nodded.  "Seems like. Well I would offer you a coffee, but Squirt is trying to get the coffeemaker to work for about 45 minutes..." "I told you that thing is broken!", Squirt sighed and scratched his head. I came over and looked at the machine. "Did you try to plug it in?" "Uh...." Bear turned around to us. "Please don't tell me you are dumb as fuck... gosh I owed for you dumbass...", he sighed heavily. I laughed out loud when Squirt plugged the coffeemaker in and the machine started running. Squirts ears were red for embarrassment. "Hey Bear, can I make a deal with you? How about you show your prospect everything club concerned and I'll teach him the kitchen stuff and some nursing essentials?" "You would do that?" "Yeah, seems like I stick around for a while anyway. At least I have something to do then." Bear and Squirt both looked at me thankfully. "Yhat'll be great actually. But the nursing stuff... how about you and my wife talk about that. She's a nurse too, you know?" "Wait your wife is Skye isn't it? She works in the emergency room! I am working in the orthopedic! We know each other from work. Oh and from the party few days ago." Bear chuckled. "She's coming by later, maybe you two could talk about that. Now... you offered help. What about making pancakes?" I smiled at that and nodded. "Only if Squirt starts to set out plates and cups and stuff." "Boy, you heard your new boss! DO IT!"

Iarann's POV

Looking in my sleep for Scotch, I woke up, startled to see her not being there. "Shite." I jumped out of my bed and rushed through the hallway. Not bothering with my lack of clothing, I called her name loudly and ran into the common area. "CORALLEE!"
All people gathered there, eating breakfast looked at me funnily. Worried I looked around and yelled for her again. "Babe? What is the matter?" I turned around to see her standing in the doorway to the kitchen, wearing an apron and holding a plate full of pancakes, looking at me worried. She handed the plate to some woman and I closed the gap between us with hurried steps. Hugging her tight, I swept her of her feet. "Iarann, what the fuck?", she laughed. "I thought ya were MIA, left ma for good..." Bear appeared behind her. "Hey, Idiot. Leave the new kitchen chief alone. She's been cooking for the last 2 hours for all of us." I let go of my girl and took in the scenery in front of me. Redness creeping up my face.

I totally made an ass out of me in front of all my brothers.

"Well shite...sorry... uh... I go... back then..." I said and retreated to my room. I could hear some of the others laughing.

One hour later

After I took a shower I lingered in my room, not being able to face the other guys. Not after what I did beforehand.

A soft knock on my door pulled me out of my lingering thoughts.
Opening the door, I saw Scotch standing in front of me with a smug smile.
"Room service. Bacon and eggs, pancakes with syrup and freshly brewed coffee."
She held out a tray for me. Letting her in I sighed.
Scotch put the tray on my nightstand and faced me. "Listen, uhm... I kinda went nuts, when I realized yar not being there...." "Shut it Lennox. No need for explanation. It was kinda cute, seeing you all worried about me.'', she smiled  at me brightly. "Eat, or it gets cold." I looked her up and down, forgetting my embarrassment. "Did you eat?" "Yeah." I clicked my tongue, sensing her lying the minute she said it.  "Why are ya lying? I know ya don't feel comfortable around people eating,  but please ya need sumthin. Yar stomach betrays yar lying - it rumbles. So join ma here. Eat with ma. Here it's just ya and ole Iarann tha are around. No need to hide here. Let's share tha food, aye?" Scotch looked at me with wide eyes."How do you know?" "Well I ha eyes in ma head, babe. I know tha ya don't eat when yar here." Scotch nodded reluctantly. "Yeah.. you're right." I took her hand in mine. "I woulda never make fun of ya. Ya need food. So let's eat?" She nodded. "And never lie to ma. I sense shite like tha." She looked at me. "I'm sorry... I promise to try, ok?" "Just don't lie." She agreed and we shared a small kiss.

The minute we finished our meal in silence another knock was on my door. "Jesus..." I murmured a little pissed, but opened the door anyway.  "Skye? What are ya doin here?" I said surprised to see her standing at my door. "I've been told to tell you to go up front, time for the table. And besides that - I am here for Corallee,  uhm, I've meant Scotch."
Scotch appeared next to me. "Hi Skye, nice to see you again! Did Bear tell you already?" I looked from one girl to another. A little jealousy formed in my guts. "Why were ya talking with Bear?" "Oh that's kinda funny - Squirt tried to get the coffeemaker to work for over 45 minutes and he didn't put the plug in... and Bear was at the stove making some eggs and he scolded Squirt, so I offered to teach the kid some elementary cooking skills and some emergency medical skills. Bear told me he was fine with that, as long as the whole club gets a lesson in the medical skills section and Skye and I work together there, because we are both nurses." Skye smiled at her. "She's right. We aren't always around to fix your booboos with a band aid or two." Scotch laughed at that and I smirked. "Alright gurls, then play nice and ha fun, if ya need sumthin, we big badass biker boys, who never ha booboos, are at tha table." I grinned at both of them and pressed a small kiss on Scotch's forehead. The girls giggled happily when I left them in my room.

Walking to the meeting room Breaker was leaning over the bar, Tanja stood behind it  an emergency kit laying on display between them. Breaker held out his finger to Tanja. "That stings, hun. It hurts like hell!" "Babe, it is a paper cut." "But it huuuuurts!", Breaker whined. Laughing out loud at that, I made my way into the room. Willy who joined me in the doorway looked at me askingly. I pointed at Breaker and his wife. "Breaker is badly injured... he got a paper cut. Our poor boy has a booboo - he needs a bandaid..." Willy looked over to the married couple and started laughing too. "I bet his booboo is pretty bad... do you think he gets a bandaid with motorcycles on it or the Minions one?", he snickered, causing me to laugh even more.

"Shite, the gurls were right. We ain't no badass biker boys without them!" "Yeah, but don't forget the unicorn bandaids!"