XIX.

Iarann's POV

The next day was kind of busy but still boring. After breakfast I worked on the vans and the bikes of some members, keeping my hands off of my girl, but still doing something I like.
At around noon Scotch came by, hugged me from behind. "Hey babe." "'lo love. What ya doin'?" "Nuthin. Just checking on you." I smiled at her words. "Are Bear and Skye gone?" "Nope.", she said popping the p.
Speaking of the devil both of them came to us. "Hey guys." "Hey, uh... Iarann?", Bear was kind of nervous. "Aye?" "Would you mind if we take Scotch with us? She can help to gather all the things needed. I know, she called in sick, but Skye and her are both more useful than I ever will be. I am.just the mule here." I looked at him smirking. "A big old and ugly mule." Scotch gasped at my words, smacking my head lightly. "That is mean! You are older than he is!" Bear grinned at Scotch and took the hand of his wife. "You in Scotch?" "Yeah sure, I am bored anyway. Squirt is off doing something else, so I can't bother him. And this guy here... well he needs a little cooldown..." "Oi, what dida do?" "Being mean. That's calling for a punishment. That means me going with them and not being here." I laughed at her. "Alright, alright, darlin. Go with 'em, I need to finish here anyway. Gimme a call if ya lot need a hand." "Yeah, that'll do. Ok ladies, let's head out." Bear and Skye walked off hand in hand and Scotch crouched down to my level, smiling at me. "See you later, baby." I grinned back her and leaned into her, kissing her softly. "Aye. See ya later. Take care." My girl winked at me and followed the other two, leaving me be working on the harley engine.

Some time later/late evening

I was back in my dorm, washing up the grease and the dirt from working on the cars and motorcycles, when someone knocked at my door frantically.
"IARANN!" "Aye, comin'." I opened the door, seeing a pretty much breathless Squirt in front of me. "You.... need... come... girls....", he panted. Without further asking I ran to the common area, seeing nobody here I ran outside. Everyone was gathered, looking at something I couldn't make out.
"Oi, what's goin on? Tha prospect..."
A gap in the crowd formed and I had a better view on what was going on. Bear was on the floor, holding his wife close, tears running down his face. Jimmybob and Annie crouching next to another girl. Realization hit me and I fought my way to my girl. "CORALLEE!" I fell on my knees next to her, looking her all over. Her whole body was soaked in blood, she had cuts on her arms and legs - everywhere. Her face was swollen, like she had been in a ring fight.
"Iarann?", her small voice made me jump. "Baby I am here, I am here." "I-I'm fine... help Skye...." Her whispered words made me look up to the crying couple next to me.
"SIS! SKYE!", Breaker shouted and ran to Bear. "Is... is she...?" Bear cried and still cradled his wife. Breaker pushed Bear nonchalantly away and checked Skyes pulse. "She's alive! God she's alive! Get an ambulance! NOW ASSHOLES!" Bear sat there shocked on the ground, not progressing what's going on. He was injured just like the other two, but definitely more conscious. Willy took care of him.
Scotch gripped my hand softly. "Iarann. I want you to know.... I love you..." she pressed out, wincing in pain. "Sh....sh... love, don't strain yarself, help is on the way...." "I love you.... I love you..."

3rd person POV

A few minutes later the ambulance and the paramedics arrived in the parking lot. They immediately took the girls in, taking care of them. Bear first needed some convincing - he said he needed no treatment, the paramedics should save their energy for his wife Skye and for Scotch. He only gave in after Breaker threatened to punch him. The ambulances left soon, taking their patients with them, leaving a shocked and more than confused horde of people behind. Owl whistled loudly. "Let's ride to the hospital, follow them, find out what happened. Buffalo take good care of our clubhouse till we return!" And with that the whole club was on their bikes, driving like lunatics to the hospital.

Iarann was told to wait in the waiting area. He couldn't sit, he was concerned about his girl and the other two. Not able to sit still he walked nervously up and down the hallway, until his brothers came in.
"Any news?", Owl barked. "Nah, only tha ma gurl and Skye are in surgery. No details about Bear so far." He answered fearful. "What the fuck happened? They were supposed to pick up shit here and come back to the club!", Madman said furious. "Did someone inform their relatives?" "I am their family asshole!", Breaker yelled. "I am going to inform Skyes mother as soon as we know how she's doing. No need to worry her too." Owl stated and Iarann nodded at him thankfully. "Well then let's sit down and wait." Iarann and Breaker didn't follow Owls order, both of them being to nervous.

After two agonizing hours, a doctor came out. "Skye Smith?" Breaker jumped forward. "Yes! Yes, she's my sister." "Skye is in recovery. Her lungs got stabbed multiple times, we could fix this. Her appendix and her stomach were stabbed to, but nothing to serious, except for one thing. She lost her baby." All guys of the MC jumped up at that and Breaker looked at the doc in shock. "I am sorry." "How is her husband?", Owl asked at this point. "He had to be heavily sedated, after they told him about the baby. He is together with her in one room. He wasn't heavily injured, just a few stitches and a concussion." Iarann who stood more in the back came to the front. "Any news on Corallee?" "Are you a relative?" "I am her...." Owl chimed in. "He's her fiance. I am her stepfather. Spill it, doc." The doctor looked between the two of them,sighing heavily. "She got hit pretty badly on the back of her head, she had a huge laceration, we need to wait till she wakes up, if she has a brain damage or not. Furthermore won't she be able to use her left arm for the next months, she got cut pretty deep, her upper arm muscles got separated. We operated on that as good as we could, time will see if she needs another surgery or not." Iarann looked at her. "Sumthin else?" "Many cuts, but we cleaned her up and stitched the bigger ones. No internal damage here. She is in the room, next to the other two." "Thanks Doc. Did anyone of them tell what the hell happened?" She shook her head no. "Mr. Smith only kept saying 'Irish'. Sorry I can't tell you more. Oh and we informed the police department. We had to. Just following the rules here, because this looked more than an assault." "Understandably. Thank you." "A nurse will get you to visit your relatives soon. Again. I am sorry about the bad news."
Owl nodded at her, squeezing Iarann's shoulder. "She'll make it. If she is just a tad bit like her Momma, she is tough as shit, don't worry." Iarann just walked away and leaned on the wall slid down the same. Breaker sat himself on a chair, staring into the distance, zoning out. "You heard the doc. Bear knows something. When he says irish - we don't need to guess what happened. Call everyone. We are on lockdown."

Later that night a nurse came down the hallway and picked Breaker and Iarann up, guiding them to their loved ones. Like zombies both of them followed behind, dreading the sight of their family.