XX.

The nurse led Iarann into an sterile, white painted room. The beeping of a monitor in the back, made his eyes go wide.

"Oh, love...", he whispered.

Scotch laid in the hospital bed under the white sheets, being pale like death itself. Iarann came closer to the bed, his face worried and afraid.
He tried to keep his cool, but failed at the mere sight of the cuts all over Scotchs body. Pushing a chair next to her bed, he let himself fall into it.
After a few minutes just staring at her almost motionless body, he took her hand in his and kissed it gently.
"I am so sorry, mo ghràidh...." Then he rested his head on the bed, still holding her hand, needing something to make him feel grounded.
It seemed like hours he stayed in the same position on Scotchs side, he didn't move an inch.

Iarann struggled within himself. He promised Scotch to keep her safe and under his watch all of this happened. Iarann never was a overly enthusiastic catholic or religious person at all, but in this night he talked to God, or whoever may be up there, and he prayed for Corallee's sake.

Breaker was sitting in between the two hospital beds, still shocked about what happened earlier.
Every time he looked at his sister, tears started welling up in his eyes, he knew how long she struggled to get pregnant again. And now she lost the  kid. If he didn't take that well at all, he doesn't want to know how both of them would handle it.
The doc already told him that his best buddy Bear couldn't take it and he had a mental breakdown. Bear still was sedated, needing a bigger injection than anyone else, because of his former drug addiction.  He was told, Bear won't wake up anytime soon, he was knocked out completely.

Breaker thought about his own family, his wife, his two lovely kids. What sometimes feels like a burden, was now his everything. Breaker thought about that his wife was supposed to join the three injured for this run, but she couldn't make it because their little boy was sick at home. He never felt so thankful for that, because he didn't know how to handle things without her.

"I promise both of you, we kill those assholes who did this to you. We will find them and I will kill them. And we will find their families and make them suffer for the things they did to the three of you.", he whispered, already planning out how to torture these irish pricks. He never felt so much hatred against someone else before.
Suddenly his phone went off, him realizing he got a text message. It was his wife, Tanja, asking how everybody is. He decided not to answer her for now, still having to much in mind to think of.
Buried deep in his thoughts, he totally forgot the environment around him, until he heard someone sobbing violently.
"Fuck... Iarann...."

Iarann couldn't hold it in anymore, first tears started running down his face, but after a while he started crying loudly.
He sobbed and grieved without being able to calm down.
Corallee, smiling at him, came to his mind and the sobbing increased more and more. Was he able to see her smile again? Will she be able to talk, to walk or to function properly at all?
He was afraid her brain damage might be to bad, that she won't wake up at all.
Continuing to hold her hand, he laid his head on her hand, not being able to lose contact to her, in the need to feel her skin against his.
He thought about the future and what he thought the future would be. Iarann wanted this girl here to be his forever, he wanted to claim her forever. Maybe marry her, have one or two kids with her next to Josy.
Gently he stroked her damaged skin on her face. Iarann knew the once so perfect skin, will be left marked, leaving some scars permanently. He couldn't care less, as long she would be alive. But he knew, when she wakes up, she would be upset about that, adding another point to her self loathing towards her imperfections. In his eyes she still was perfect.

Owl sighed heavily as he pulled out his phone. He dreaded to do that task for more than an hour now, but there is no way of sugarcoating anything like that at all. He needed to inform Rosie on her daughters behalf. She had the right to know, what was going on.

It felt like an eternity, until Rosie answered his call. "What's up stallion?", she laughed into the phone.  Owl was at a loss of words first, but then he bluntly told her. "Rosie, better sit down. Your kid... she is in intensive care at Millstone creek hospital." "Wait, what? What happened?" Rosie demanded. "Skye, Bear and Corallee were out, getting some supply from the hospital, our emergency kits were barely empty.... they got caught by the irish." "Go on." "They were thrown out of a driving car in front of the clubhouse. All three of them are heavily injured. They don't know if Corallee is pulling through.", he whispered into the phone, fighting with his own tears as he heard his lady sobbing on the other end. "What injuries?" Owl cleared his throat. "She got stabbed several times, her whole body is full of cuts. Her upper arm muscles in her left arm were secluded, but the doc says they already had surgery on that and time will heal that. Maybe she needs another surgery. The big problem is though she got hit on the back of her head. She had a huge laceration with a lot of blood loss. We need to wait for her to wake up, until then we can't do shit and we don't know shit. She might have a permanent brain damage, Rosie." Owl cried silently as he heard his mate crying for her daughter. "How is Iarann doing?", she asked, still caring about everyone, like the good mother she was. "Honestly I don't know. He is with her now. I told them I am her stepdad or I wouldn't get any information on her behalf. Rosie, come back. Please. We need you here. She needs you. Gosh I know your kid since she was a baby... I saw her growing up... she almost could be mine... there was so much blood in the parking lot..." "What about Skye and Bear?" "Both of them alive, both got stabbed, too. Skye had surgery, she had internal damage in the big way. They killed her unborn child, baby. Bear had a breakdown about that, they sedated him." Rosie gasped. "I leave Josy at my sister's. I am coming home this instant. Keep me updated on any news. About all three that is." "I will baby. I am so sorry. That shouldn't have happened...." "I know. I am on my way now. See you in a few." "Drive safe. I love you, Rosie." The line went silent after that.
Owl crouched down in a secluded floor of the hospital, sitting down on the floor, leaning against a wall, tears running down his face.

The other club members were all seated in the waiting area. None of them had the energy to crack any jokes or make fun of pedestrians. All of them were hoping on some good news, feeling helpless all the way.
No talking, just staring at the doors of the intensive care unit.

In the meantime a nurse on the counter received a call. "Yes.... no... all three are alive. At least for now... We don't know if the one whose with the Scot will make it though.... the other girl was pregnant... hmh... I'll understand.... yes..." She hung up and made her way to the intensive care unit to check on her patients.

-----‐--------------‐----------------

mo ghràidh - my love