XXI.

Iarann's POV

A bump to my chair woke me up. "Oh I'm sorry, didn't mean to wake you, Sir." A nurse was standing next to me, checking in on Scotchs blood pressure. "Don't worry 'bout ma. How is she?" "Her values are stable thus far, blood pressure almost normal. Her arm looks good at this point, no signs of any kind of infection." "Sounds good. Something new about her head?" "Unfortunately not Sir. We have to wait till she wakes up. I am sorry."
She smiled at me, I could sense her feeling sorry for me and my lass. Putting my attention back to my girl, I gently massaged her hand, trying to get some kind of reaction out of her.
"That actually might help, you know?", the kind voice of the nurse startled me. "What yar talking 'bout?" "Giving her little massages, like you do on her hand, might help her coming back to you. She's lucky to have you on her side." A last gentle smile in my direction and the nurse left the room.
Thinking about her words I watched Corallee's chest moving whit her breathing.

Some time later I heard my phone go off.

Getting up from Scotchs side, I went to the bathroom to talk on the phone without disturbing my love.
"Aye?", I sighed into the cellphone. An unknown voice answered. "Is this Lennox Doherty talking?" "Aye, and yar?" "Let's call it a friend."
Suddenly my senses were on high alert.
"What d'ya want from ma?" "I don't want to have anything from you in particular. I want something from your club. I heard your girlfriend might die of the consequences of a really, really bad accident..." "Accident my arse!!" I yelled into the phone. "Nah, nah, nah... don't be so rude my dear, short tempered friend. It happened that your girl got in the way of something bigger. No let me talk. Don't interrupt me again. I want you to tell your beloved little club something. Stop sticking your noses into other, honest mens businesses. If you don't quit, this was just the beginning." "Listen Fucker. I don't care who ya'r, or what ya'r. If ya ever come near ma girl or ma family again, you will see what a real Scot is capable of!" And with that I ended the call and threw the cell phone into the wall, where it exploded into thousands of pieces.
Looking into the mirror, I tried to keep my cool. Just breathing in and out for a few moments will do, I told myself. After a while I decided my club needs to know about that call. As soon as possible. Glancing a last time into  the mirror and at my worn out expression, I huffed and exited the bathroom.
The minute I walked out of the bathroom, I saw Rosie, Corallee's mother, standing in the doorway. She nodded at me and went to sit next to her daughter. "You've been with her the whole night?", she asked quietly. "Aye Mam." "Don't Mam me, Iarann. Thank you for taking care of my baby though."
"I love her." Rosie looked up to me, just scanning my emotions. "I know baby, I know. "
I went to get my jacket and my kutte. "Yar good here? There is some stuff what needs to be sorted out...." "Yeah. We are good. I give you a call as soon something happens?" "Aye... shit... I just crashed my phone... call Owl. I'm heading his way."  "Ok. Take care. Corallee needs you back in one piece. Ride safe, darling." I grimaced at her and bent down first to kiss my girls cheekbone and second her mother's cheek. "See ya later."

Silently I closed the door behind me, heading to the neighbor room, where I knew Skye and Bear were in. Knocking softly at the door I waited for an answer. Not long after Breaker opened the door. "Iarann?" "Aye. I have informations. Table in 30. Let yer wife look after them for a while. Rosie's with Corallee, she will inform us about any changes." Breakers expression went from surprised to grim, but he nodded at me, pulled out his cell and called his wife.
In the meantime I headed out of the intensive care unit, seeing all of the brothers hanging around, including Owl. "Head out to the clubhouse. Meet ya there in 30, I have informations." "You heard your brother. Let's ride.", Owl growled. "Owl?" "Yes brother?" "I told Rosie to call you when something happens here... I kinda destroyed ma phone." He just nodded and cleared out with the others.

At the table

Owl opened the meeting as soon all brothers and all the befriended clubs gathered in the room. The Souleaters, the Bonecrushers and the Reapers under one roof.
"Iarann. You seemed serious. What happened?", he asked.
I looked at the thirty plus biker guys, lit my cigarette without hesitation.
"About an hour ago, when I was with Corallee, I got a call." I breathed out the venomous smoke and rubbed my goatee. "Well... 'twas a direct threat for us, for the club. The number was anonymous, still don't know who called ma, but he wasn't of Irish nationality. He had an American accent. He told ma the things tha happened to Corallee were an accident. He told ma she got in between. But more importantly he told ma tha we, the MC, should stay out of their goddamn business or tha what happened to Bear and our gurls was just the beginning." Murmur were getting loud around the table. "What do you think where that anonymous caller belonged to Iarann?" Max the president of the Reapers asked me. "Definitely Irish. He knew ma full birth name. He called me. Ya guys know, my whole family was on the run from Ire to Scotland. We got hunted down. I can't shake tha feeling, tha they know me. He threatened me. And he knew the state Corallee is in at the moment. If I am sure at something, but I am sure they want war." The murmur got into shouting and arguing.

Owl slammed down his hammer, stopping every conversation in an instant.

"Ok guys. Let's set it straight. Breaker, Iarann - I want you back at the hospital. If they already know about the details of the conditions of our people, I bet my fat ass they have an intern there. Someone rats. I want guards at the door to their rooms for 24 hours/7days." Max chimed in. "My boys and I are looking into it, who may have called you, Iarann. Bring me the pieces of your broken phone, maybe we can track someone down, it's worth a shot. And I am sending out some individuals for checking out the irish. I have a few reliable contacts who are ready to help."
I scoffed. "We need to find these arseholes. I don't want ma family ripped apart for the second time..." Everyone nodded. "Iarann, Breaker. You both better hit a shower, get some rest. Your family's are taken care of for now." I just shrugged. "I need to head back anyway. The nurse told ma this morning, some patients respond positively to touches."

"All right, Gavel dismissed. Any news on our patients, about the Irish, anything straight ahead to me." Owl finished the meeting and wrapped things up.

I went straight to the bar, downing a couple of shots.

Knowing that most of my brothers had an eye on me, I poured another drink and downed it. Not ready for a question and answer game I rushed out of the clubhouse, mounted my bike and drove out of the lot in a fast pace.
Deciding not to drive straight away to the hospital, I drove through the city, trying to clear up my head.

In the meantime

"Crazy, take the prospect. Have an eye on Iarann- I don't want to hear about him loosing his shit. He needs to focus on his ole lady." Owl ordered.